Dyno Numbers!

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Okay so the first set of pictures is with the 3rd gear pull!
Table.png

Picture2-2.png

Second is 2nd gear pull!
Picture2-3.png

Graph.png

And these are the final 2nd gear pull
Table-1.png

Picture2-4.png

And here is the comparison graph! Blue is first 3rd gear pull, Green is first 2nd gear pull, and red is the 2nd 2nd gear pull!
Picture2-1.png

I am a little disapointed, but because of the altitude of the dyno, 5600+ ft that is why the numbers are a little lower. Also this was on a Superflow AWD dyno that is corrected. And by being on an AWD dyno, the front wheels are driven as well, so it give more accurate numbers! I will have the videos up here is a little while! I have Mac CAI, UDP, O/R H, Flows 40s, PI intake, and a 180 degree stat!

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
looks like with the pi intake, u still fall off at the top.... i thought it was supposed give you a steady pull all the way through the powerband. hmmm. anyways, numbers arent bad, your a 96 and they tend to dyno the lowest outta the sn95 cars...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
nes said:
looks like with the pi intake, u still fall off at the top.... i thought it was supposed give you a steady pull all the way through the powerband. hmmm. anyways, numbers arent bad, your a 96 and they tend to dyno the lowest outta the sn95 cars...

It would but he still has the NPI cams. If he had the PI cams in there you would see an even bigger curve. When I was reading about what Johnny Langton was running into when he put the PI cams in his car, he was still falling flat because of the intake. The PI intake along with PI cams would really wake his car up.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
yeah I agree with that, but I am not going to do PI cams! I am probably going to save up for some Comp 270s and some beehive springs! if I am doing cams I am going to get more than just PIs, becase if I am tearing apart the motor far enough to do cams I am going to do it with the best I can!

voidfinger

Reaction score
i hear ya man, but if you going to go that far why not go on and put the pi heads in there :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
nes said:
:blah2:

so what is the difference between a 96 and a 97 that makes the 97 have more power?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i think its just the stock computer tune. so 96-98 should be the same hp witha tune. :dunno: :dunno:

voidfinger

Reaction score
i've started reading more into it also and i've read that the tune is way better on the 98's and they have slight porting on the exaust side to make the heads flow better. O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
Yeah the tunes are different between the years!
yeah, 96-97 and 98 are different...but nothing is different between a 96 and a 97, so how could it dyno less than the other years. th eonly big difference between the 96 and 97 was that the 97 had a better cooling system/fan setup.

voidfinger

Reaction score
maybe hotter = lower power??? thats the only thing i can think of

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Oh I had that confused! my bad! lol the 96-97 should and normally do dyno at just the same!!

96sohc

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but your torque seems really low.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
how come it was dynoed in 2nd and 3rd gear instead of 4th gear?? is your 4th gear not 1:1?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online