Dyno tune or Moates?

russ8825

Reaction score
After I do my HCI swap, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a tune. My question is do our cars need a piggy back chip for some bolt ons (GT40 heads that are probly gonna be ported, ported and matched typhoon intakes, probly a TFS1 cam, 24lb injectors and matching MAF, 70mm tb with fox tb conversion) or can it just be done by running it on the dyno and just making changes to the stock computer. I'm just wondering because theres a place that charges 100 an hour for a dyno tune, and that wouldnt be a bad price to get the car tuned. But if I need a chip burned for like another 150, would it be worth picking a moates quaterhorse for 250 ?
Lol im just rambling on. Thanks guys

toyman

Reaction score
The OBD1 PCM cannot be tuned directly. You will need either a chip burned for your application, a tunable add-on device or a stand-a-lone EMS.

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
The quarterhorse in the end is going to cost you more than 250. You have to purchase software along with it. It is incredibly useful and worth the money once you learn how to use it. However like I said you would need to purchase the software as well as a wideband in order to tune. If u don't intend in making many changes just go ahead and get a dyne tune.

P

panther007

i got a moates add on chip for mine.just emailed dirtydirtyracing @yahoo.com and told him what i wanted.cost me 179.99

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 on chip and dynotune unless you're going to want to make changes to it yourself every so often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online