Dynoed my car today...confirmed my suspicions

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I've installed a new lower dizzy cap, rotor and upper cap, now im about to put in plugs and see what happens.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
We will see, I got the plugs in, and it seems to rev alot smoother, I couldnt actually test the car though. I seem to have lost my brakes over the last few days, one of my lines from the booster is leaking, wont hold pressure. gonna replace that tomorrow,and get some driving tests.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
same shit, it ran REALLY good when I let it warm up for a few minutes, then took it out...then after running for a while it was back to the way it is, just a lil bit better, from the plugs n shit... I did a 4th gear pull on the freeway, and it wasnt smoking black, but it was lightly smoking out grey i'd say. It didnt make the weird noise though.. I think the car really needs a tune now, cause it is a 94 with a cam...I plan on putting some heads on it then tuning it, or maybe a vortech then tuning it, really no point in tuning it with what it has right now.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
On the Corral, I suggested the following did you ever get a chance to check anything?

Usually when you get a dyno graph that looks like a sawtooth wave it timing related, meaning its retarded big time.
I would check the following:
* check base timing
* Check inside the distributor for corrosion
* Check your spout circuit (make sure timing advances with spout plugged in).
* PIP circuit
Try the first 3 things on the list and report back and let us know what you find. Another easier option is to clean/spray you MAF sensor with an appropriate MAF cleaning solution.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
I cleaned the maf and it was much better. I still think it's lagging a lil bit though. I'm probably gonna get rid of it soon. I'm tired of dealing with the car.

castine917

Reaction score
Before you get rid of it watch this video. Particularly from 3 minute mark. [video=youtube;vSIYhCVVoLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSIYhCVVoLI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sawtoothed? Didnt' see that but mine did the same thing last year when I went to have it tuned aftar a trickflow HCI swap. The tuner got it working but the car would basically lurch or sometimes cut off all together. He said he thought it was the ignition. I had a small crack in the dist cap so I swapped it and the coil but nothing happened. Swapped out the TPS and the IAC since I was taking it off and it all went away and I got alot more power now.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Before you get rid of it watch this video. Particularly from 3 minute mark. [video=youtube;vSIYhCVVoLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSIYhCVVoLI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

Lol what are you insinuating my friend?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You've got some great support and suggestions here.
This is how Sn95 members rock. GL with the troubleshooting. It's a pita at times, you just need to narrow it down to what's causing the issues. May take a few tries.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Sometimes something you love can hold you back. I need a better job, before I really start, working towards gettin this car the way it needs to be...they arent giving me any hours at the place i working at, and after I pay everything I have to pay, im almost broke already.

OP
OP
B

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
but if this car does stick around, ima probably just gonna replace the dizzy with one thats known to be working. or atleast try one of my friends and see how that goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeanfltns01

Members online