eBay parts

d.garza18

Reaction score
Has anybody ran eBay parts when building a motor? Particularly a piston set with rings and bearings? I’ve been looking at some and I’m really close to buying a set

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Link us what you found? I purchase ebay items all the time. Would I buy a no name set of pistons and rods? No. Would I buy a set of brand name rods and pistons from ebay? Yes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
The brand is “domestic gaskets” Full piston set, flat tops for a 5.4.. now I do feel as if the pistons will hold up for my application, hell the bearings and rings might hold up fine to? I’m planning on running N/A

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with as good as the knock-offs have got I do not get even name brand stuff off of ebay anymore let alone the off name stuff....

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
with as good as the knock-offs have got I do not get even name brand stuff off of ebay anymore let alone the off name stuff....
Have you had success with any knock off parts?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
by "good" I mean that they will look exactly like the real thing I in no way am saying they are anywhere near as quality as the real thing. What ever part your looking up, do a search for it with "fakes" behind it and I almost bet you can find a site that shows the real vs the fakes and the differences.

95opal

Reaction score
Would you buy a pacemaker off ebay if you needed one lol

Flade

Reaction score
What good is having organized forums if we don’t follow the organization? Yes, one thread doesn’t cause a big issue, and it is an easy mistake to make, but a simple move by the mods fixes it and no harm done.. I have seen other Forums let it get out of control and the Forum becomes chaos.

Werecow

Reaction score
Has anyone on here used a radiator from e-bay?? I found one, all aluminum w welded tanks and fans for like $169 and I don't know if it's something I should consider pulling the trigger on or not.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone on here used a radiator from e-bay?? I found one, all aluminum w welded tanks and fans for like $169 and I don't know if it's something I should consider pulling the trigger on or not.

Mishimoto isn’t much more but is a good way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What good is having organized forums if we don’t follow the organization? Yes, one thread doesn’t cause a big issue, and it is an easy mistake to make, but a simple move by the mods fixes it and no harm done.. I have seen other Forums let it get out of control and the Forum becomes chaos.
Moved it to the garage, because it isn’t really tech related. Is this an acceptable location or did you have somewhere else in mind?

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have and it was a 3 core. It did not transfer heat very well , and fitment was an issue, look at champion radiators. Very good quality for about a 100 more. And I step up to a 95 cobra R fan. A few cfm more. Now my engine never exceeds 160. Per the autometer temp gauge.

Werecow

Reaction score
I have and it was a 3 core. It did not transfer heat very well , and fitment was an issue, look at champion radiators. Very good quality for about a 100 more. And I step up to a 95 cobra R fan. A few cfm more. Now my engine never exceeds 160. Per the autometer temp gauge.

That's one if the names I see that keep popping up here and there. I'll look em up for sure!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online