Edelbrock cylinder head question

Mustang9550

Reaction score
My buddy has a set of edelbrock rpm cylinder heads he said he would sell me for 850. He put them on his stock 88 gt. When he started his car he noticed the block was cracked where a head bolt went through a water passage. Is there a piston to valve clearance problem I should be concerned about with the heads and will they work with my stock 95 shortblock. any help would be appreciated

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
do they have the 1.90 or the 2.02 valves, the smaller ones will be fine for clearance as long as you keep the cam lift below .500 or so, I ran the same heads in my 91 GT with a 95 shortblock and made 291rwhp with those. They are great heads and work even better with a mild port job (bowl clean up)

OP
OP
M

Mustang9550

Reaction score
I went ahead and picked up the heads as they came with crane rockers. they are 202 valves. I was thinking about buying a DSS piston kit and using a stock crank/rod combo and a little sauce. I'm ready to take out some of the overpopulated LS1/Lt1 cars around my neck of the woods

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mustang9550 said:
I went ahead and picked up the heads as they came with crane rockers. they are 202 valves. I was thinking about buying a DSS piston kit and using a stock crank/rod combo and a little sauce. I'm ready to take out some of the overpopulated LS1/Lt1 cars around my neck of the woods

since you have the large valves you better be sure to check you PTV clearance, even though you will probally be fine........its better to be safe than sorry.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
THOSE HEADS ARE A DIRECT REPLACEMENT HEAD MY BROTHER PUT THEM ON HIS 89 GT AND HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL JUST TO BE SURE THO IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO CLAY THE PISTON TO MAKE SURE SINCE EVERY CAR AND HEAD IS A LITTLE DIFFERENT

OP
OP
M

Mustang9550

Reaction score
I cant wait to put them on, but i know once i do everything is going to snowball. My car wont hardly idle as it is and all i have motorwise is a holley intake (gen 1), 70mm throttle body and equal length shorties. If I do a big cam, I'll probably have to some kind of piggyback tuner. There is nothing shittier than when ur car wont f'in idle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online