EGR bolt size?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I just bought a 95 gt 3 weeks ago. I thought it had a vacuum leak and it does. For some reason the bolts that bolt the egr to the tb/intake were loose. Well actually the top bolt was completely missing and the bottom was loose with the gasket hanging out. The bottom bolt that was in it is a 8mmx1.25, but it wont tighten up like it should in either of the bolt holes. It has a 65mm tb and a cobra intake. Does anyone know what size it should be?? i have tried a bunch of standard bolts, but it must be metric. Any help is appreciated!!

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya i figured it would be metric. I have no metric bolts laying around at all so ill have to pick up a few for occasions like this. It is going to be a pain getting used to metric bolts.... and having no room under the hood to work on things (my other vehicle is a 79 f 150)

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its actaually pretty darn easy to work on. Thats one of the reasons I got a 94/95 go out and look at a 4.6L if you think this is cramped. Good luck man if you really run into issues I might beable to take it out and take a look im not 100% sure what bolt your talking about though. Eitherway im sure its the same size as the one that you had in there.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The bolts i am talking about are the two that bolt the egr to the elbow part of the intake. I was wondering if maybe a haynes/chilton manual would have the size because i havent picked one up yet. i just hope the threads are ok and just need the proper bolt.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
im sure the haynes etc manual will state it. but I think we kinda get the shaft I think the manual caters more to the 96-98 then there is foxbody 5.0 manual...let me know though.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I am going to the parts store and see if they know or not. I am going to pick up a manual too. should get it figured out

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i have to order the manual. Anyone that has one know whether it says what size it should be?

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i tried 10mm and it is too big :rant: it must have been 8mm and they stripped the threads out. i dunno what im gonna do. pry end up taking the manifold off and retapping the threads or something :nonono:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.