EGR Delete Q

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by Greggerex, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Hey Folks.

The Stang is almost ready to fire. :thumb:

We decided to delete the EGR to clean up the engine bay (there is no testing here) - I figured that I could get my tune adjusted to delete it via my SCT XCal2. Well, it turns out that it's not something that I can change on my end and the tuning company wants $75 USD to make the adjustment. I think they're retarded for wanting $75 to load my tune, click a button and e-mail it to me. I'm not a fan of paying about $27,000/hour. :nonono:

So, my question is - when I get the Stang dyno-tuned this summer, can they delete the EGR code from my ECU? If so, I'll just deal with the CEL until then...

Thanks.

2. ju015dd

ju015dd Well-Known Member

yes, they can turn it off for you when you go to get it tuned. see if your tuner can go ahead and shoot you a base tune with what you already have with the egr delete included. i got my tuner to email me a base tune for my vortech of no charge.

3. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Yeah, I asked the guys who sent me my original tune to just turn off the EGR and e-mail the adjusted tune to me. And they wanted $75.

I think someone over at SCT is gonna do it for me.

So, if they can't, when I get it on the dyno, the tuner can turn it off?

Thanks. :)

BTW - the car was running yesterday and driven out of the garage! WOOT! After a couple of repairs to my Optra, it's going back in for the final touches! O0

4. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

what was all involved in removing it, mines partly removed...how did it run did you even try it yet?

5. scarface

scarface Guest

[email protected] MD sells the Ford delete kit. I have it, no noticable difference, just a cleaner intake. Just removed the EGR, tube, and capped off at the manifold.

6. ju015dd

ju015dd Well-Known Member

yeah, no diff. here either. i did it to clean up under the hood. i ditched the egr, cant remember the name of it but it has some small vacume lines hooked to it and it sits behind the egr, air injection sys, air pump. i love how much cleaner under the hood looks with it all gone.

7. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Yeah, that's what we were going for - clean up the engine bay. I won't really know how it runs until the spring though... :(

I think one of the guys over at the SCT forum is gonna take a shot at turning off the EGR for me for free. :thumb:

Free is good.