Egr exhaust manifold plug size?

sn95GT302

Reaction score
95 5.0, has the stock exhaust manifolds. Previous owner deleted the egr and plugged the hole in the passenger side exhaust manifold with ****ing aluminum foil. I want to put a plug in it so it doesn't leak. Does anyone know what size plug that hole is? I think a brass gas line cap would work I just need to know the correct plug and thread size. Thank you.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I took my header into the hardware store and was able to find something to work but can't remember what it was now.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
I'm definitely not taking off the manifold to take it into the hardware store. I saw a post somewhere that said 5/8s but I don't know if they were talking about a 5.0 or 4.6 motor. If nobody knows for sure I'll just buy a few that look close and hopefully get one that works

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
4.6l uses a 5/8 brass cap to plug the egr port. Its not perfect thread but its soft enough and close enough that when you tighten it down it makes its own threads and seals up. Im not sure about the 5.0l. Do you need a plug or a cap?

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
4.6l uses a 5/8 brass cap to plug the egr port. Its not perfect thread but its soft enough and close enough that when you tighten it down it makes its own threads and seals up. Im not sure about the 5.0l. Do you need a plug or a cap?

I don't know, I just need something to plug the hole up so it's not just aluminum foil stuffed in there leaking exhaust gasses everywhere. Seems like a brass plug would do the job. Whoever had this car before me did a bunch of dumb half ass shit to it.

OP
OP
S

sn95GT302

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting long tube headers in the near future so this just has to be a temporary fix. It doesn't need to be perfect just better than foil.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember - do the manifolds have a male or female threaded boss? I'm assuming female since you're saying "plug."

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

alwill923

Reaction score
Find a used tube in a junk yard and cut the pipe, remove the nut, put a penny in it and screw in on the manifold!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online