EGR pipe on Exhaust HELP!!

BullitSN95

Reaction score
Well guys I have a problem with my Headers on my 94 GT.. Well I just got done at the shop I work on my car at, and hooked up all my EGR system to keep it running good and such. Well when I took the old shit off the Tube that goes from the center of the pass header to the EGR snapped.. So I did what I could do. I went to Home Depot and got a brass Air fitting and threaded it into the header and I cut and filed down the part that screws onto the EGR. Now my thing I did was, I got some high temp heater hose and connected the 2 sides. It worked good for 2-3 days . But I just went outside to check it out.. The hose split on the inside right were it bent to line up with one of the ends.. What have you guys done to fix this problem? Im shure some of yours broke on yea, I cant be the first one to break this crappy little piece of pipe.

ryclef331

Reaction score
exhaust gases will reach up to 1,400 to 1,500 degrees F depending on timing and AFR so no surprise that didn't work. I've seen guys use copper tubing like yourself and solder the joints together to repair it. I've also see people use flexible conduit with success. I used high temp silicon tubing (used on the aircraft engines where I work) on mine then I ditch the EGR all together. I'll see if I can't find a place to order it online.

jimgt95

Reaction score
When I broke mine, I just went to my local Ford dealer and ordered one. It was cheap as I recall, less than $20. Then you have a factory piece that fits right and doesn't look cobbled together. I also did the high temp silicon hose thing at first, until it basically fell apart.

OP
OP
B

BullitSN95

Reaction score
Only 20$ huh!!.. well I guess Im gonna do that.. I was thinkin 80-100$ cuz you know dealers.. once they get there hand in your pocket they want to go all the way down! :nonono:

jimgt95

Reaction score
BullitSN95 said:
Only 20$ huh!!.. well I guess Im gonna do that.. I was thinkin 80-100$ cuz you know dealers.. once they get there hand in your pocket they want to go all the way down! :nonono:

:eek:utofcloset: :gtfo:

:lol:

yellowgt

Reaction score
When I changed my stock intake to the Cobra upper/lower intake on my 95 I snapped the egr because it didn't line up properly with the trickflow elbow.

I had my local speed shop (Dasilva Racing) fabricate one for me, I think it cost me $50.

Got rid of that nasty vacume leak... :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online