Electric waterpump

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Anybody running an electric waterpump? If so, what are your thoughts and opinions on it? What kind of outside temps do you do your driving in?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want to get a Meziere, i was waiting to see how they held up and a few guys i know have had them now for 2+ years so i think thats reliable.

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
That sounds good to me! I am gonna try soak every last bit of HP from my build.

S

scarface

im looking into a Meziere also.... my bud runs one on his Mach, and he swears by them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah i haven't heard of any failures with them and i visit alot of forums etc...i'd like to wire up a light to notify me of failure just in case though.

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
Yeah i haven't heard of any failures with them and i visit alot of forums etc...i'd like to wire up a light to notify me of failure just in case though.
how would you wire it up. because I have been thinking about the same thing? Would you make a small LED to tell you when it is on, or come on only if it is defective?

firstonraceday

Reaction score
what are the benefits from electrics vs pulley driven ones????? Is it just the fact that they are not pulley driven????

S

scarface

firstonraceday said:
what are the benefits from electrics vs pulley driven ones????? Is it just the fact that they are not pulley driven????
less drag on the engine = more HP

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Not any more efficient or any less. Supposed to free up around 25HP. Not sure if that is crank HP or rwhp.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
o ok so there really not anymore efficient as far as cooling?

They are actually more efficient since the pump goes full effect at every RPM, so sitting in traffic at idle the electric is doing a better job then the mechanical.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scarface said:
DropTopPony said:
how would you wire it up. because I have been thinking about the same thing? Would you make a small LED to tell you when it is on, or come on only if it is defective?

I haven't decided yet but most likey a light that was on when the pump was working and shut off or binked when it was not... :dunno:

firstonraceday

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
firstonraceday said:

They are actually more efficient since the pump goes full effect at every RPM, so sitting in traffic at idle the electric is doing a better job then the mechanical.
That makes sense... as for the 25hp part Im gonna have to call bs on that one

Millzenator

Reaction score
Probably looking at 10rwhp at BEST. Naturally, it will depend on combinations, but 25HP is no where near accurate. I have a chrome version waiting to go on my motor. O0

OP
OP
J

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
DropTopPony said:
firstonraceday said:

That makes sense... as for the 25hp part Im gonna have to call bs on that one

If ya read what was wrote, you would see 25 crank hp. That is what I have read. Notice where I sais Not sure if it is crank HP or rwhp? http://www.meziere.com/index.php?pgName=wp346 says 11 hp.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen people post gains of @5rwhp from these which is nice that they save a little hp but i'm more interested in the added cooling it can provide at idle and low rpm's

voidfinger

Reaction score
so drop how would you wire that up to let you know if it was working or not?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online