Engine bay "dress up"

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I told you that, and I didn't post about it because I'm still thinking about it, lol. Sort of, in a corner of my mind. It'll probably come to me at about 3 am.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
I told you that, and I didn't post about it because I'm still thinking about it, lol. Sort of, in a corner of my mind. It'll probably come to me at about 3 am.

HAHA, well thanks best friend.
I guess I will just have to wait for the all mighty all knowing to get in the mood hahahahaahhaah

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Well I just got back.
I installed the MIL elims and the CEL was still on so I went to Advanced to read the codes

Pulled 6....
Before the elims I only had 2....

They are as followed:
P1401 - Manufactor Control Aux Emissions Controls (came up twice)
P0420 - Cat Efficiency below threshold (bank 1, came up twice)
P0430 - Cat Efficiency below threshold (bank 2, came up twice)

I erased the codes to see if maybe it was just because I installed them and maybe if I deleted them it would be corrected. I will check later tonight if it comes back on but until then....

Now what do yall think could be wrong with my car?!

It would seem that the MIL eliminator's aren't working, did you get the harness clipped all the way on? BTW, the codes are for the rear cat's, which is how I know the MIL's aren't working.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Last night on my way home from work I went back to advanced to see what codes came up
ONLY the P1401 code came up.
The others went away. So I came home and did all my stuff and my CEL went out. Then it came back on because my friend started my car when my filter wasn't on (over by the MAF) then put his hand infront of the thing to show me it would bog the car down and it came back on cuz the airflow reading. Which is fine, I'ma go to advanced and clear it again. Hopefully it will go away and stay away. But I realized, it still does that studder thing.... even when the CEL was off. So I got some new Autolite Platinum plugs that will go in today.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
First make sure the Mils are plugged in all the way, did you trim the tabs on the connectors? And you just need to remove the neg battery cable to clear the codes. With my car after i clear the codes i would have to take it easy for 20-30 miles or my cel would come back on....it takes a few miles for the ecu to relearn...clearing the codes is just that clearing the code but the default is still in the systems memory until it resets. So take it easy for awhile after you reset it.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
The MILs went in fine, what do you mean shave? They just clipped in but like I said the codes for the cat went away.
The only one left is a P1401 which was the Manufactor Control Aux Emissions Control which the guy told me to look for a vacum leak and there aren't any....

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok. The studder is gone, I got the new spark plugs and I think that was my problem.
Everything is went well. All the installs.

Cleared the code and it came back
It's a P1401 code and the guy told me to check for a vaccum leak like I said before but it's not a leak. Checked it all.
What else could it be?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love autozone, they probably looked up those codes in the Honda book or something, that code is for your Differential Pressure Feedback EGR sensor.

Follow the vacuum line off the EGR, it should be along the firewall, nearly in the middle. It's a silver box.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
100_0435.jpg

100_0436.jpg

100_0437.jpg

100_0438.jpg

100_0439.jpg

100_0440.jpg

100_0441.jpg

I took some pics of the car to show yall what it looks like now.
That's my buddy Jeremy under putting the fuel filter on for me while I was taking the pics.
The coolant take look so much better.
I cleaned the whole engine bay with the cleaner stuff... it's a little difference.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah and she pulls hard too. It's sooo much nicer now haha.
That coolant was a ***** to work on though. The brake fluid didn't work too bad. He made it into a gunky feel and I just scrubbed it off. I still gotta get the rest but for now it will be ok haha.

So that P1401 code... you said it was a diff pressure but that's not what it came up as on the scan... it said manufacture aux emissions controls or something.... is that the same thing?

and if so... once I follow that line back to that silver box... then what?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did you read that or did they? Because my service manual say's DPFE.

Anyway, you can either replace it, if it's still alluminum, because Ford updated it to plastic and if it is aluminum it is most likey corroded internally.

Or you can try to pull the lines off it and see if they are plugged up, but I'm guessing the sensor is bad, kinda common.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I read that.. off the OBD2 scanner

So the silver box is what I'm trying to find?
Check all the plugs?

Where can I get another one?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ford, they have the updated plastic one that won't corrode. I wouldn't bother with the lines, my money is on it just being bad.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It controls when the egr valve opens, if it's stuck shut, then no worries, except that light, if it's stuck open, well then that sucks.

I think it's about 75 bucks. I bought mine a long time ago though.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Ok well I guess I will save up for that and fix it... How can I tell which way it is stuck? I mean the car seems like it's running sooo much smoother and pulls hard and all.... so i'm not sure...

But since it's saying it's failed or whatever I'm going to fix it...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It would run like butt if it was open at WOT, it should be closed then.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
J.R. said:
It would run like butt if it was open at WOT, it should be closed then.

Must be closed cuz she still screams ahahha

so I have been thinking about a Vortech SQ-Trim....
Just take out a loan
Do some small suspension mods, get the 3500 stall, 3.73 rear gears and a JMod and a tune and call it a day......

What do yall think???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online