Ever total your receipts?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah.. one of those.. could have bought a bla bla bla car.. or something much nicer.
My car was a great price when I bought it but the snow ball effect happens quickly . I got my red car with a lot of the parts it has on it for 12k with 50k miles and that’s maple syrup funds . I spent double what I paid for it the first year I’m sure

Snorky

Reaction score
My car was a great price when I bought it but the snow ball effect happens quickly . I got my red car with a lot of the parts it has on it for 12k with 50k miles and that’s maple syrup funds . I spent double what I paid for it the first year I’m sure

Rough!! MaPle syrup funds are no joke

My green car snowballed hard.. then again I've had it since 2012? The red car I am trying to be quite a bit more budget oriented with the car itself, the whole v10 swap project is another story though..

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rough!! MaPle syrup funds are no joke

My green car snowballed hard.. then again I've had it since 2012? The red car I am trying to be quite a bit more budget oriented with the car itself, the whole v10 swap project is another story though..

Yea the car came built well but I blew the t5 right away and the rest was history . My nova I’m staying budget with it .

nitroram33

Reaction score
$18,134.83, not counting little stuff like zip ties or p-clamps and also not counting labor since I've done everything except for alignments (have a proper string kit now so I can do that too) and mounting/balancing tires. At least $28,048.52 to go, and that's not counting the Procharger, driveshaft, paint, and several other things a haven't decided on yet.

Snorky

Reaction score
Coulda bought a bla bla bla car and would still be dumping money into it to make it the way i want. Lol
That's the exact reason I have kept the green car so long. Saw several friends buy cars, mod the shit out of them, trade them in or sell them and do it again. Eat sleep repeat. Everytime taking a depreciation loss on the car plus cost to mods plus interest on loans for the ones that didn't buy them outright. Was bananas to watch.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
i am scared to look back on my cobra
i could have bought that car 3 times over and over
be honest i did not show some of the receipts to the girl

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
walked away with a very good price on my mach1 found parts to put it back together
not bank breaking

joemomma

Reaction score
I've got an Excel sheet that I keep most everything in, minus some smaller stuff here and there.

Bruski

Reaction score
Has anyone ever totaled their receipts? I keep every little receipt (including supplies), but haven’t gotten up the nerve to take the time to chronologically put them in order and/or total them up. I’m curious what the number is, but also not sure if I want to know! Probably could have retired by now if it all went into IRA’s or 401’s! (hard swallow)
A $1000 for the car…$8600 to get it on the road…I quit after that

Reaction score
Yeah not too bad actually only have spent about 5k so far on upgrades and maintenance. That number will be going up though. I do not and will not have a car payment though so all told I feel pretty responsible lol.

Snorky

Reaction score
Yeah not too bad actually only have spent about 5k so far on upgrades and maintenance. That number will be going up though. I do not and will not have a car payment though so all told I feel pretty responsible lol.
Yeah this is a huge factor people dont think about..

A $1000 for the car…$8600 to get it on the road…I quit after that

I feel you on that, on the flip side if you were to go out and buy a new mustang in the first 3 years it would depreciate that amount and continue to do do. Plus you can flex t9 the environmentalists that you have a small carbon foot print ;-)

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’ll say this much… All things considered (engine, transmission, driveshaft, Exedy twin disc clutch, Holley stuff, fixing the engine, exhaust and a bunch of odds & ends) I’ve spent around $20k since I’ve Coyote swapped the car.

Reaction score
I’ll say this much… All things considered (engine, transmission, driveshaft, Exedy twin disc clutch, Holley stuff, fixing the engine, exhaust and a bunch of odds & ends) I’ve spent around $20k since I’ve Coyote swapped the car.
Yikes thats not that bad but still some people make it sound like its cheap I looked into it definitely was not cheap lol.

Reaction score
Definitely not cheap and could’ve been a lot cheaper, honestly. It’s been reliable and it’s fast. At least by my standards.
Oh I believe you they are fast in 3800 lb car much less a 3200 lb car. Im sure it will stomp most modern muscle cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.