Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by REStang, Sep 4, 2006.

1. REStang

REStang New Member

Here's a few more pics of my new replacement Stang. Also, I put a set of Flowmaster 2 chambers on my 98 and figured I'd do the same to the 03. However, after thinking about it, what else could I do for a real nasty aggressive sound? I swear this 03 GT sounds louder in it's stock form when I punch it than my 98. I heard a Mustang in passing the other day and it was the same body style as mine and it had one of the best sounds I've heard on a Stang. When I start it I want it to really RUMBLE!!!

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

exhaust opinions vary WIDELY, I like the SLP myself while other guys would rather use it for a boat anchor ::). Long-tubes and a off road H or X pipe will be the start of a mean ass exhaust. From there you could use SLP / Magnaflow / Flowmaster / MAC.............take your pic they all will make it sound great.

3. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

x2, on my 98 cobra, im running an offroad mac hpipe and 2 chamber flows and it sounds mean as hell. and if you decide to get some longtubes, it will make it sound alot more agressive. do it do it do it! :thumb: :thumb: :)

4. Fets

Fets Legend

I have a SLP O/R X pipe with my 2 Chamber flows, and well, it sounds mean even though some people say X pipes dont go well with Chambered mufflers...

5. 97vertstang

97vertstang Well-Known Member

if u liked ur flos, go with macs. everybody swears by them.nest time i change my exhaust is gonna be some mac flowpaths.i heard there like flos but deeper.

6. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I have 2 chamber flows now with my Long-tubes and catted X and to be honest I have not been happy since the first time I cranked it up :-\. The good part is that I did not pay for the cat-back exhaust, its just a loaner until I get my Permanent exhaust after I get my car back from the body shop ( I wanted to get the 03 Cobra rear bumper before I got my new exhaust put on). I'm still set on the SLP.......but I could change my mind before I buy :dunno:

7. Twista

Twista Legend

check out the post about stockness sound:

:mad: :(

How many catalytic converters are on theses cars? Is it 4 or 6? I looked under my car and i got the 4 normal looking ones than i have two that stand up and connect to the headers. Now why the heck are the early 4.6 quieter than the late 99+ 4.6's?? Does thoses 2 extra things (some called them a resonator and some say there cats) actually quiet down the 96-98 even more than the newer 4.6 GT's???

Exactly how it looks? The 2 things standing up LOOKs like another set of catalytic converter. Midpipe from a 96-98 gt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and so people doesnt think im crazy.. HERES A STOCK MIDPIPE FROM A 01 STANG GT!
    [​IMG]

this is why i think the 99+ gt's are way louder with a aftermarket catback than a 96-98 gt with a aftermarket catback.

and for the hell of it:
    a stock hpipe from a 87-93 GT
    [​IMG]

WHY DID FORD PUNISH US EARLY 4.6 OWNERS WITH A NONPI INTAKE AND CRAPPY QUIET HPIPE!

Now if one was to get a catted midpipe they would only have 2 cats and no resonators.

so yah... the 2extra cats stock form quiets them down alot.

8. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

get 2 of your cats out of there (if its like my brothers terminator) put flowmaster 40series on it with dumps and call it a day.

9. venom97

venom97 New Member

10. Fets

Fets Legend

11. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Go with a X PIPE for sure, I have heard X pipe and borla and it sounds wicked soo loud.

12. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

13. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

sounds like mine a little ??? but slightly louder :)

14. RIFTER11

RIFTER11 Member

RIGHT NOW, I HAVE 40-SERIES FLOWS WITH AN O/R X-PIPE 2.5" AND I HATE THE WAY THAT IT SOUNDS :eek:utofcloset: . 4.6 CARS JUST DON'T SOUND THE BEST WITH FLOWS. I AM GETTING SOME MAGNAFLOW "WIDE OPEN" MUFFLERS PUT ON WITH 3" TIPS NEXT WEEK. WE'LL SEE HOW IT SOUNDS. I HAVE HEARD THAT THE MAGNAFLOWS ARE A LOT DEEPER AND MORE AGRESSIVE THAN THE FLOWS :dunno:.

15. scarface

scarface Guest

I have to disagree with you. I had magnaflows on my 4.6 and I didnt like the sound. so I put my flows back on.
    heres a clip of my car right after my cams were instaled BEFORE my tune. Not a great vid but you can hear it.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1039931089&n=2

16. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

nice vid's scarface