Exhaust switch

Katstang

Reaction score
Ok, I have 3 different 98s. I had to replace the tranny in my gt coupe, while I was waiting to get the new tranny in, I of course had the exhaust out. Than someone decided to steal everything from the cats to the tail pipe including the o2 sensors. So, my question is, how much difference would it be to take the exhaust off my v6 and convert it to dual exhaust? Would it be the same? Oh and than someone decided to CUT out my radiator for their car, I got it back, all but the coolant res. Can I use the parts from my v6 to replace the hoses and coolant line and res.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
christmas valley sounds like a happy place till you tell that story. That sucks.
It actually happened in Eugene. Been trying to get that car home for a year so that stuff wouldn't happen but i can't seem to get it the almost 200 miles to get it here. If I had it home I probably would have had it running by now and wouldn't have to be thinking about tearing up my v6.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
oh ok see now Eugene sounds like a hooligan spot....
It used to be hippy central, but now it's tweak town and full of the mentioned hooligans. Lots of cat theft, but they are trying to stop the places from being able to buy them from just anyone.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The v6 stuff will not work on the gt. Totally different construction and configuration between the two engines.

Sorry to hear the bad news

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
The v6 stuff will not work on the gt. Totally different construction and configuration between the two engines.

Sorry to hear the bad news
What's different except the single exhaust? As far as the hook up to the headers it looks the same, the radiator stuff I don't know but I don't think the coolant res will fit for sure. I'm more worried about the exhaust tho.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
What's different except the single exhaust? As far as the hook up to the headers it looks the same, the radiator stuff I don't know but I don't think the coolant res will fit for sure. I'm more worried about the exhaust tho.
The width of the engine and the diameter of the collector. The gt engine is wider and has larger collectors.

The coolant reservoir is a totally different design.

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Rent a pick up and trailer get your car out of methgene. It'll cost about the same, to buy long tubes and a cat back system online. Than trying to re-due all stock. Do not tear up your v6. As stated not same parts.

OP
OP
Katstang

Katstang

Reaction score
I found this and I think it was an American muscle article.i belive it says that that piece does indeed fit a 98 gt or v6.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-180130_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-180130_Chrome.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online