Exhaust ?

ga94gt

Reaction score
I have a bbk h-pipe (with cats) with flowmaster 40's . I want to make the car louder if I put an off road h-pipe on would it make a big difference in the sound or am I just waisting my money?

(Will I gain much more hp with the off road?)

Thanks Garrett

Demolisher

Reaction score
when i got my off road X pipe it droped tenths on my et also if u want loud run cutoffs or dumps or u can always run SLP :dancing6:

OP
OP
G

ga94gt

Reaction score
I want the car louder. And i was just wondering if i changed from a catted to an off road if it would make much of a difference in th sound.

cobra4978

Reaction score
I dont know how loud your car is but i'm running and X pipe not sure what kind maybe just something custom with dual chamber flows that are cut off in the rear no dumps nothing they just end after the flows and no cats and it's loud as all get out i've had people tell me they know when i'm comin over cause they can here me coming for so long it's really a simple setup but i would'nt trade it for anything

916_5.0

Reaction score
It will make it sound a bit different and a little louder if its off-road, it will sound a bit more hollow with no cats, sounds good though, performance wise i heard from a local mustang shop you only get like 2 or 3 hp. But you will get a nice sound.

Downshift

Reaction score
Do it. Off road pipes are pimpin. Your car will be a lot louder over a car with even two high flow cats. I love mine. Only thing that worries me is the man :police: taken a peak if I get pulled over

OP
OP
G

ga94gt

Reaction score
so it would be worth the money to change to the off road?

Downshift

Reaction score
ga94gt said:
so it would be worth the money to change to the off road?

Im not convinced it will even cost you anything. If you have a mid with cats those things new go for 350+ and an offroad is in the 200s so you might be able to just sell yours and get one for no cost or even trade someone. Just depends, it will make it louder thats for sure though.

Hicks

Reaction score
x pipe?

H-pipes are for 5.0's man!! lol

I got an o/r H with mac 2 chamber with pipes out the back, EXtremly loud car for it to have pipes
Back when it had dumps it was even more louder... and the vibration is :banana: :dancing6:
sep for the rattle lol

:p
Off road enything and its good ^_^ the rest is all in the tone
anmd headers help to

OP
OP
G

ga94gt

Reaction score
Well I have mac shorty's and I get complements alll the time on the sound. I just want it louder. I may take it to a muffler shop and have them cut out the cats and replace that with pipe.

S.O.B.

Reaction score
My car has Mac shortys and a bbk O/R X pipe with a Ford racing cat back. There is one point in the mid rpm range that is very loud to me! I'm think of changing to something quiter later. My daughter's 95 vert has and O/R H pipe and 2 chamber flows and stock tail pipes and has a pretty good sound to me. You will get 10 different opinions if you ask 10 different people. I say listen to some cars and go with what you like. Just remember if everyone else can hear it so can the popo! :police:

ryclef331

Reaction score
To answer your question simply....

YES, it will be significantly louder!

YES, its worth it!

YES, you can free up a couple of ponies!

YES, its cheaper than your current pipe!

YES, its LIGHTER than your current pipe!

YES, you can probably offset the cost by selling your current pipe!

YES, you're a FOOL if you don't do it!

Anymore questions?!

G

GREG@SN95

Not only will you free up HP and TQ

You will getting better gas milage

You should also consider headers... they will yield much better sound, power, gas milage, and will allow the motor to run nicer...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online