Fan stays on

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
All of a sudden my fan stays on constantly. It didnt get hot or anything. I pulled the high current fuse under the hood to keep it from draining the battery. Anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it??

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Sounds like your CCRM has gone south.....check,or break the ground at the box. Your local ford dealership will have it for about $100

97WhitePony

Reaction score
You could just put an adjustable thermostat and new electric fan... (upgrade)... but it would be less to just fix the problem...

Tattoogod

Reaction score
when my coolant temp sensor went out,my fan stayed on constantly.i had to pull the plug uot to kill it.its a 95gt tho,may be dif on a 96 :dunno:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i fixed it... dont really understand it but it shuts off with the car and still run when it should. I messed with the wiring but nothing work... unpluged ect sensor and other things nothing worked. Hooked up code scanner and it ran the tests and it usually turns the fan on. After the test it shut off and it has stayed off. It runs when it should but shuts off with the key now. I must have a "special" code scanner that also fixes the problems :hammer: I did really good burnout in celebration of the fix :party2: My first good one since i bought the car. I am getting tires in the next week or so so ill be sure to use them up (well they are pretty much used up already. :banana: So hopefully it will stay "fixed"

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i aint gonna do anything unless it starts acting up again and so far so good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online