Few questions - 96 Cobra

USMCAU311

Reaction score
Just bought the car and the odometer does not work. PO said it stopped working after the transmission had been worked on and that it "is probably just unplugged". I know about the gear teeth behind the dash breaking, but is what he is saying a possible reason? If so, where can I find the plug?

My drivers side seat is broken on the track on the left side of the seat. I'm guessing I'm going to have to replace that to make the seat work correctly again. Here's a picture:

DSC03705.jpg

Where can I get that and what's involved in it?

This huge tach on the dash in the picture below is honestly, in my opinion annoying as hell. Where do the wires for it typically run to under the hood and again, what's involved in removing that?

DSC03708-1.jpg

Thanks.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
seat:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-61705A/92-98-Mustang-Lh-Power-Seat-Track-Assembly
$499.00

transmission is probably the teeth in the gear. If you speedo is working, i dont think it is anything to do with your transmission, but i could be wrong. The VSS, as far as i know, is only for the speedo...
there is a thread in the "how to" section for replacing the gear.
http://sn95forums.com/index.php/topic,20367.0.html

and finally for the tach. its probably drilled to the dash... simply remove those screws. then follow the cables under teh hood to where they are spliced into the wiring harness. Usually they run the wires under the dash by the pedals. If you look under there, you can probably find a few wires that dont look "factory."

if you look under the hood, on the drivers side there is a big rubber boot. thats usually where they cut open a hole to run the wires into the cabin compartment. if that boot is in original condition, with no crazy wires sticking out, someone more knowelegablelbale will have to comment to help you...

but if there are cable sticking out, you can probably follow them and find their sorce in the engine bay to properly dis-assemble the wiring for the tach.

also, if you car has a sub woofer sound system (aftermarket.) you can probably follow the cables they ran on that into the cabin. I know i run my gauge wiring right along side my sub woofer wiring.... maybe the previous owner of your car did the same.

OP
OP
U

USMCAU311

Reaction score
Thanks man. Will look into it more tomorrow. Anywhere you can buy single replacement parts for the seats? It looks like the only part that is broken is that bar that connects the front to the floor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online