Finally!!!!!!! 97GT is road worhty... 56K warning

ma97gt

Reaction score
Finally got the 97GT I bought with bad tranny on the road!!! Some of you may have saw pics in Newbie section. Those pics are of when I just added the newer 17" rims. Didn't run then, still had bad tranny. Got me another t-45, and decided new to put in a new flywheel, and clutch kit while the tranny was out. Got it running last Sunday and got it tagged and insured Tues. When I bought the car is didn't have a cat back, and the BBK h-pipe was messed up. Made my own exhaust using some old fox-body exhaust. Traded a buddy two 245/45 Goodyear tires for an old Dr gas x-pipe he had. Modified it to fit the 4.6 long-tubes and tucked it up in crossmember. Modified some flow tubes to position my Borla's ( I also traded for) near stock location. Everything fits nice, just have to figure out some tail-pipes. ANYway............

The motor has 93K miles and is stock besides long tube headers.. Other mods are, Steeda shifter, lift bars, 3.73's and the exhaust. Next on the list is a clay bar and wax(exterior detail), new head lights and tinted windows.

Here are pics of the car when I bought it,, to its current state..

When I bought it......

_cid_943_419.jpg

_cid_622_192.jpg

It's current state...

dsc04138_521.jpg

dsc04143_170.jpg

dsc04141_160.jpg

dsc04139_136.jpg

dsc04147_194.jpg

dsc04152_427.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
thank you for taking off those hideous black stripe thingys...and im not too sure about the white wheels, kinda decent yet it kinda bothers me. :dunno:

smoked headlights would look killer O0

OP
OP
M

ma97gt

Reaction score
I am debating on headlights right now. Can't decide if I want clear or black lights.. Right now leaning torward clears... Got the tire & rims for a deal and wanted to move up to 17's fromt eh waffles. Plus the waffels were missing 3 center caps, but had damn near new 16" Goodyear F1's. And I needed new tires for my T-bird sport wheels.. So it al worked out good. Got new tires for my T-bird and 17" rims for the stang all in one shot.. I like th white on white, man the brake pads on there are shot out, they dust the rims quikly!!

OH, and the stripes were coming off in the parking lot where I bought it while waiting for my friend to arrive with trailor.. :drunk:

G

GREG@SN95

if you plan on buying chrome or polished wheels, then get clears

If you plan on black wheels, then get some black ones

JMO

OP
OP
M

ma97gt

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

JMO

Doubt I wil go with black rims.. If I change rims it they will either be more white ones or chrome/polished.. Honestly I have been thinking of putting the 94-98 Cobra headlights with stock corners. But heck can get all six new for the about the same price as the 2 Cobra headlights.

GaryG

Reaction score
looks good man...some 18x9/18x10 saleens would look killer on ur stang

voidfinger

Reaction score
man what kinda stripes where those, i really like that style stripes maybe on a R hood. :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
man what kinda stripes where those, i really like that style stripes maybe on a R hood. :)
its some option that some cars came with from the factory.... :eek:utofcloset:

97blackgt

Reaction score
nice job cleaning it up man O0

those stripes are def :eek:utofcloset: :puke: :puke: :puke:

OP
OP
M

ma97gt

Reaction score
GaryG said:
looks good man...some 18x9/18x10 saleens would look killer on ur stang

Oh, I know man.. my buddy got rid of a set about a month before I got the car. New chrome ones too.... :-\

voidfinger

Reaction score
I don't know, i kinda like the stripe, makes me think of the boss....... but hey you guys like the targa thing though , now thats :eek:utofcloset:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
ma97gt said:
GREG@SN95 said:

JMO

Doubt I wil go with black rims.. If I change rims it they will either be more white ones or chrome/polished.. Honestly I have been thinking of putting the 94-98 Cobra headlights with stock corners. But heck can get all six new for the about the same price as the 2 Cobra headlights.

all 6? whatchu talking bout? 94-98 cars have 4 piece headlights/corner lights

voidfinger

Reaction score
probably fog lights too. yea i really like the cobra lights though, i haven't had much luck with the aftermarket ones....... :nonono:

O snap, i just relized that thing has roll up doors .....man i like that. light weight and no motor to mess up :eek:

OP
OP
M

ma97gt

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
all 6? whatchu talking bout? 94-98 cars have 4 piece headlights/corner lights

OOOPPss my bad guys!!!! :-\ Have to remeber I am a foxbody guy just getting into SN-95's. To be honest with you, when they 1st came out in 94 I didn't like them, but they grew on me....

voidfinger said:
probably fog lights too. yea i really like the cobra lights though, i haven't had much luck with the aftermarket ones....... :nonono:

O snap, i just relized that thing has roll up doors .....man i like that. light weight and no motor to mess up :eek:

Yea this car has manual windows and locks.... I also added PBR brakes.. 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online