The end of the road...

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That looks bad. So sorry to see that. Must’ve been horrifying. I’m also very glad to hear that you’re fortunate enough to walk away unharmed. That’s the main thing. Really sorry about the car. She was a beauty. Very sad ending but just remember all the good times and fun she brought you.

Gonna be hard reliving this unfortunate event, but try to shake it off and focus on something else now. Like other things and projects you can get into. Or, selling the parts to good homes or even your next car.

Hope you hang around The Forum and don’t fade away. You can sell parts here and still provide valuable information and feedbaxk! So please don’t go!

It would be nice to find out who is responsible for that tire. Sue the crap out of them for your loss. There needs to be consequences for irresponsible people like that.

Hang in there. Keep your chin up and go find that bastard!
ERRRRRRRRGH!

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
sorry to hear about it but new projects can be started.

Right, I'm glad I made it through. I'll live to have another project. Not that I don't have some already!

Ouch! Glad you are OK.

Thank you.

Oh man. That’s bad! I’m glad you are alright though, the car took a beating. I’m very sorry to hear this.

Yeah the car definitely got the worst of it. I'm thankful that she took care of me. Thank you.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
Oh man, those pics make my stomach turn. I'm glad you're alright though. There's loads more SN95s out there.

I feel the same. I've looked at the car lots more since then. It sets in more and more each day. Still tough to see the car like that. But yes you're right, there are more!

A man that is terrible
Glad you are ok
I swear people leave crap in the roads to cause problems like this

Ugh I see it all the time too man. Unfortunately this one was unavoidable.

If are looking for another one
I'm down here by el paso
I can keep a look out for you
I run into the cheap and I think there are a few just sitting
I do try to find good stuff that's just the way I am
I treat it as if it were my own let me know
Offer up had a few good ones on it in el paso

I appreciate it! Not sure I'm ready for another SN just yet. I need some time to think it over. I'll have plenty of time to sort it out as I tear the car down.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
Oh nooo :⁠'⁠( That's terrible. Thank god you are unharmed. Hopefully you can recover most of the valuable parts from the car and put it in a new project.

Thank you. And yes I'm very thankful to be here. It looks like the drivetrain and rear suspension are in good shape, so there's something to work with.

Damn! Sorry to see, but glad you're ok.

Thank you, at the end of the day I'm glad it was the car and not me.

This was hard to read.

Still, thanks for taking the time. I figured everyone here should know.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
Man I'm so sorry to see this. Your car has been a big inspiration to me in the SN game. Glad to hear it took care of you and that you're alright.

I appreciate that, and yeah we were just chatting about your new car! I have a lot of great friends and good memories because of my '95.

Looks good. Tbh my paint was never great, so I would definitely want one with a good paint job.

Hope you find another vehicle to start the journey again... it can be hard to let a vehicle you loved go, but there is also something very exciting and fun about a fresh canvas.

I get that, I've been thinking the same way. I did gain a lot of knowledge because of this car. That will certainly help on the next adventure.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
Now that all that is over, it looks like it was a hell of a ride. I just imagine yelling "NO NO NO NO NO NO" over and over again in my head from seeing the tire/swerving(NO), seeing the ditch (NO/PASS) and going through it, seeing the fence (HARD NO) and going right through it, to finally coming to a stop and seeing all the dust settle (OH HEYALL NO!). I am sure I would need a new pair of pants.

It was all over so quickly. My only thought the whole time was, "wake up". I had no idea that the car went so far until I walked it all. It'll probably be a while before I drive that road again.

Dang man hate to see it, but glad you are OK. Cars can be replaced. Hopefully you can salvage parts.

Thank you. At the end of the day I'm still here, wrench in hand. And yes, I think there will be plenty that I can salvage.

Happy ending to what could have been a tragic ending for you. Cars can be replaced, lives cannot. Build another one. I really liked that venting on the hood. Functional, and where did you originally get it? Peace, John

Definitely, I agree. It's tough to get over the fact that I lost the car but it could have gone a whole lot differently. Thanks on the hood. The vent is from C2 Aero. It's the factory hood with the extractor installed. Did an outstanding job keeping engine temps down in the summer.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
Im sorry you experienced that, glad you are okay :) that is all that matters. I would strip as many salvageable items from the car as you can. Get another one and continue the journey, I wouldn't even consider parting it out yet. It had so many usable parts

Thank you, yes I'm happy to be here. I think the first step will be taking it apart. There's certainly no saving the chassis but there are plenty of parts that would go well on something else!

That looks bad. So sorry to see that. Must’ve been horrifying. I’m also very glad to hear that you’re fortunate enough to walk away unharmed. That’s the main thing. Really sorry about the car. She was a beauty. Very sad ending but just remember all the good times and fun she brought you.

Gonna be hard reliving this unfortunate event, but try to shake it off and focus on something else now. Like other things and projects you can get into. Or, selling the parts to good homes or even your next car.

Hope you hang around The Forum and don’t fade away. You can sell parts here and still provide valuable information and feedbaxk! So please don’t go!

It would be nice to find out who is responsible for that tire. Sue the crap out of them for your loss. There needs to be consequences for irresponsible people like that.

Hang in there. Keep your chin up and go find that bastard!
ERRRRRRRRGH!

Thank you. It's tough thinking about the memories! There were many good ones and excellent friends made through the car. I have pictures of the car everywhere and it's hard to know whether that's making me feel better or worse.

It might take me a while to get back into the swing of things, or even catching up on the build thread. But I'll give it some time.

That looks really good! Yellow has never been my color but damn, seems like a great deal.

OP
OP
Maximum95

Maximum95

Reaction score
There’s always another way!

View attachment 27944

That is a possibility! But I think this is it for me.

he does have a point. Buy it back from the insurance company and with the money left over, make improvements!

So I learned a hard lesson this time around, I just had basic coverage on the car. The next day I went for a Hagerty policy on my other cars.

Minor setback for a major comeback! Glad you’re okay!

Yes that is the plan, and thank you!

Cars are replaceable, people aren't! glad you're alright!

I agree, it was tough to see it that way at first. But that is the truth. Thanks!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
That is a possibility! But I think this is it for me.

So I learned a hard lesson this time around, I just had basic coverage on the car. The next day I went for a Hagerty policy on my other cars.

Yes that is the plan, and thank you!

I agree, it was tough to see it that way at first. But that is the truth. Thanks!
stay in touch
if you change your mind i look around

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, best part is your ok. Damn sorry about the car. Cars can be replaced. We can't

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anything left to sell or are you done with that as well?

Cheers Max!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online