Finally got my car dynod! video and results inside..

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Well, it's been a long time coming. After various check engine light issues last year, and vibration issues after only two runs at the dragstrip last october, I wasn't sure if I would ever get this car dynod and tuned.. But after sorting out the check engine light problems, and fixing my vibration, the car runs and drives great.
For those who don't know my combo: Stock fox shortblock, trickflow tw heads, B-31 cam, Systemax intake, Vortech V2 S-trim @ 12 lbs
All ready for pulls:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mWOA-V8R3Y

Results:

This was performed on an eddy-current loaded dyno, which is supposed to be one of the more accurate as far as 'real world' numbers for what is actually being made under a load. Fairly close to accuracy as a 'Mustang Dyno' if you're familiar with them.

I'm very pleased with the results. This entire time I was guessing my numbers based on a range of 440-512rwhp from combos very similar to mine, so I feel like 478rwhp/441 ft lbs is a good accurate number, and both my tuner and another tuner present agreed that they were very nice, stout numbers. There is only about 10 degrees of total timing in the car now, due to it being non-intercooled. Even though I'm running methanol injection, my tuner felt that he would rather keep the engine fairly on the safe side, then to push it's luck.

Questions/Comments welcome!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa, you lower that thing back to the ground right now!

:nono:

Lol, awesome numbers though! Must be a blast do drive.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa, you lower that thing back to the ground right now!

:nono:

Lol, awesome numbers though! Must be a blast do drive.

Ha Thanks.
Yeah the tuner was concerned about clearance getting up the dyno ramps, so he asked if I could raise the ride height for him since it's adjustable on all four corners now. The front is up about 1.5", and the rear 2", but I also needed rear clearance for my 28" tall tires I used at the track last Friday, so it was a 'two birds, one stone' move. I do plan on lowering it back down, considering I won't head back to the track for another month.
The car is very fun to drive. If I am just 'regularly accelerating' in first and second, then start laying into throttle in third, it will spin my 315 m/t ET Street IIs through most of the gear, which is a lot of fun. ha

kaveman

Reaction score
Mmmmmmm my "that's a kick ass ride" senses are tingling lol

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. It is certainly a fun car to drive. Even more so in the evenings when the temp drops down to the 60s... then the boost starts to get closer to 14 psi instead of 12.. :headbang:

Oh, and an engine shot, just cuz:

Suspect

Reaction score
nice!! I like it even more now after seeing that bay.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Looks good and runs great, one suggestion, paint what ever red that is in your trunk. looks like left over og color from before the sonic blue.

MORDENENOUGH

Reaction score
Nice job and numbers! What are you tuning with? I'm competing a similar combo and hope my numbers are that good. You mentioned a vibration issue before what was the resolution?

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Looks good and runs great, one suggestion, paint what ever red that is in your trunk. looks like left over og color from before the sonic blue.

Yeah I noticed that too. You are correct in thinking it is leftover original color. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to throw a little rattle can at it. I just hadn't messed with it since it's such a rarely seen part of the car.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Nice job and numbers! What are you tuning with? I'm competing a similar combo and hope my numbers are that good. You mentioned a vibration issue before what was the resolution?

Thanks. The tuning is done with an SCT chip, but past that I would have to ask my tuner as far as software etc.
Like I said earlier, the numbers were about where I thought they would be. If it was intercooled or I wanted to push my luck, I'm very confident I would see over 500 to the tire.. but this way I can enjoy it without being too nervous about blowing it up. ha.
The vibration issue is gone into a lot more detail in my build thread (link in my sig). It ended up being the pilot bearing in the back of the crankshaft had separated into two pieces.. One little ass bearing/collar less than 3" in diameter can apparently cause a vibration from 2000-2500 RPM.. Luckily I had found one other guy with a similar story on corral who had the same issue, so I added it to the list of things to inspect, and it was no bueno.