fiore firewall adj issues

Maniak87

Reaction score
had a local speed shop install this for me because i wasnt really sure how it worked and really wasnt in the mood to fuck with it. so i figure, i will pay somone to do it right the first time and not have to deal with any issues after the install.

of course, with my luck, this didnt not happen.

the fiore didnt come with any sleeves or harwear and uses factory stuff. mechanic found this to be strange.

after the install, there really wasnt much more adjustment that could be made. the only extra thing included was the rubber sleeve. this got crushed and was not used. only thing left was the rubber one. today, on the way to the streets, it gave out on me in bumper to bumper traffic. i called up slingshot and he came to where i was at and just put a lock washer in for a temporary fix.

has anyone else had these issues with fiore? if so, how do i solve this problem?

now, the clutch is slipping and the pedal feels like junk. this is understandable as the adjuster isnt working properly.

S

scarface

Im unsure what you are trying to say.. where would you put in a lock washer???

Are you using an aftermarket clutch quadrant? (under clutch pedal).

Did they cut the stopper off the clutch cable?

Im 99.9% positive its something done wrong in the install. There isnt much to go wrong on the foire units.

S

scarface

on the firewall adjuster the only parts should be
-adjuster
-plastic sleave
-4 screws to hold it to firewall

OP
OP
M

Maniak87

Reaction score
scarface said:
-adjuster
-plastic sleave

ya, the plastic sleeve was used but it got crushed when they were turning the adjuster.

ill have to post a pic as to what they did. it works now after they fixed it but i really dont like how they sovled the problem

S

scarface

Maniak87 said:
scarface said:
-adjuster
-plastic sleave

ya, the plastic sleeve was used but it got crushed when they were turning the adjuster.

ill have to post a pic as to what they did. it works now after they fixed it but i really dont like how they sovled the problem
plain and simple...it wasnt installed correctly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online