First time out with '01 GT

AJCrader

Reaction score
Well made my first few passes, and one mistake was very evident, I need to put the drag radials on the car...

best pass had a 2.38 60' and ran 14.71 @ 96mph...downside is street tires are 245/45/17, and radials that I have are 275/45/18...will see what the difference is this saturday!!!

The spinning caused bad RTs in the .200+ range and the bad 60s

all that is done so far is a bama tune

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Drag radials will really help you out. And why Saturday? Isn't the track open on Friday? Wild Horse pass?
I'll be there on Friday night but doubt I'll be running. Also the timers are not calibrated so that's kind of gay of them. Time slips are all wrong. A dude I know with a cai and tune on his 3v ran a 12.7 with a 1.24 60' LOL on street tires. No way in hell a stock suspension street tire car pulled a 1.24. and the 12.7 is even hard to see for a fat 3v with a cai.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Cancelled the TnT this Friday the 31st, not sure why but I'd assume it would have to do with the cluster of 442 cars and 1100+ spectators they got last week. I am racing Saturday the 1st, for the Summit Series bracket race.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
My runs have all been good with the timing system, I know they were having issues last Friday, but it takes events to work out the bugs.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
With putting on the radials, which look huge on the car, 60' dropped to 2.10-2.11, and et to 14.42 @ 96mph.

Went red first round, rolled in a bit too far, well next race 03/08, and should be getting the 4.56's in this or next weekend!!!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice man. you're off to a good start! it'll take a little lovin' to get it zoned-in. :)

cant wait to see with the new gears!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Cancelled the TnT this Friday the 31st, not sure why but I'd assume it would have to do with the cluster of 442 cars and 1100+ spectators they got last week. I am racing Saturday the 1st, for the Summit Series bracket race.
Yeah, apparently they were going to try and get the timers fixed. And yeah that was a huge show up to deal with. Oh gotcha didn't know that was going on.

My runs have all been good with the timing system, I know they were having issues last Friday, but it takes events to work out the bugs.
How do you know? Well actually your times sound about right for your car. Lots of people I talked to were running incredibly fast times for what their car was worth lol. I could have seen 12s that night haha.

Gotta get used to those drag radials. I need to get some; a friend has some 26" slicks I might borrow. My birthday is on the 8th of March when it reopens so I might go down there since that's about all my bday is worth lol.

redriderjf87

Reaction score
To the OP, just curious did you get any wheelhop on your street radial passes? I ask because I had almost the same results on my first passes, but had some bad wheelhop on 2 of the 3 passes. Now I've got Maximum Motorsport LCA's which I'm hoping/thinking should eliminate that, that may be something to consider with the drag radials if you haven't already done so.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
To the OP, just curious did you get any wheelhop on your street radial passes? I ask because I had almost the same results on my first passes, but had some bad wheelhop on 2 of the 3 passes. Now I've got Maximum Motorsport LCA's which I'm hoping/thinking should eliminate that, that may be something to consider with the drag radials if you haven't already done so.

No wheel hop what so ever, on street or drag radials...if you are I get it in my 2013 on the street radials though...MM LCA's from my understanding are the best out there, but realistically, just boxing in the stock LCAs usually is enough to rid it of the flexing that causes the hopping.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently they were going to try and get the timers fixed. And yeah that was a huge show up to deal with. Oh gotcha didn't know that was going on.

How do you know? Well actually your times sound about right for your car. Lots of people I talked to were running incredibly fast times for what their car was worth lol. I could have seen 12s that night haha.

Gotta get used to those drag radials. I need to get some; a friend has some 26" slicks I might borrow. My birthday is on the 8th of March when it reopens so I might go down there since that's about all my bday is worth lol.
I know, because they were about right given all the intervals and everything and the spinning 60', and the radials confirmed it the next weekend...as for why the times were fast I have no idea, was really good air, and the track was hooking

redriderjf87

Reaction score
No wheel hop what so ever, on street or drag radials...if you are I get it in my 2013 on the street radials though...MM LCA's from my understanding are the best out there, but realistically, just boxing in the stock LCAs usually is enough to rid it of the flexing that causes the hopping.

Ah ok, and yeah can't wait to put on the MM's.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
For those that are in the valley, I talked to some guys that were out there this past saturday, they said things are already improving a lot, car count wasn't so insane, and said other than a few quick minor fixes things went off without a hitch...can't wait to get back out there

Oh, and got the new rear in, and just need to put the brakes back together and get it to the shop to have them make sure it is all working right since I noticed that one of the calipers seemed to be hanging/dragging

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I know, because they were about right given all the intervals and everything and the spinning 60', and the radials confirmed it the next weekend...as for why the times were fast I have no idea, was really good air, and the track was hooking
Yeah your times seem pretty spot on for the 60's so I believe it. Glad things are getting better. Thanks for the update on the track and I can't wait to make it out there some time soon.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
Another update for the locals, Scoreboards are up now, supposed to be working by the national event...you can join my FB group "Phoenix Area Drag Racers" to keep up on things, I try to share and post everything I can

I can't wait to get back out there, but that won't be until 03/08, no car updates until then.

OP
OP
A

AJCrader

Reaction score
cant wait to see how she does with the new rear end!! :-D

Best pass yesterday, my 3rd round losing effort, stupid red light got me...but my lights were all good, .040, .095, .026, .032 only to end the day as you see below...
07f77563bd82fb27ceaa1b8c046a9901_zpsb7afd3ed.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online