Fixing the passenger door lock

sn95jones

Reaction score
So I’ve been working on fixing my 00 GT and my passenger door lock does not operate. I’ve replaced the actuator and it didn’t fix the problem. The switch itself works and powers the driver side actuator and the same for the driver side switch. I’ve tested the voltage on the passenger side wiring and I discovered I am not getting 12 volts so I pulled the harness and inspected for any damaged wires but couldn’t find any so now I’m trying to figure out where the issue could be coming from. Could it be the GEM?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
check in the passenger kick panel for a harness with a bunch of pink wires on it. Pink/yellow and pink/green should be the wires your looking for but more than likely it will hard to see any lines on the wires as they tend to wear off. But check to make sure that harness is ok

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
check in the passenger kick panel for a harness with a bunch of pink wires on it. Pink/yellow and pink/green should be the wires your looking for but more than likely it will hard to see any lines on the wires as they tend to wear off. But check to make sure that harness is ok
Yep I checked all those, I did check the voltage coming from the GEM going to the passenger side door lock actuator and sure enough only 3 volts were coming from those wires when I hit the door lock switch

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is a pretty thick trace to have melted like that. make sure the right size fuse is in the fuse box, it should have blown long before that trace

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
that is a pretty thick trace to have melted like that. make sure the right size fuse is in the fuse box, it should have blown long before that trace
It did have an aftermarket alarm installed previously which I have now ripped out. He told me that more than likely did it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online