Foglight question

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
So my car (96GT) is extreamly low option and one of the cool things i didn't get (along with power windows and door locks :rant:) were foglights. So i'm trying to figure out what i need to get to put foglights into my car. Now i've looked behind the bumper and there are the extensions from the wiring harness with the connectors for the Foglights so that looks to be just plug and play which would mean that i would only need the foglights and brackets and fuse for the box, but my real question is were the foglight switch is suppose to be in the center console i have an extra coin holder instead. Do i need to run wires for the foglights to the center console or do you think the wires are already ran but just stuck inside of the center console kid of like they are in the front bumper? Are the wiring harnesses for our cars the same no matter what options you have?

Fryrice

Reaction score
I would GUESS theres a plug under there that can be tapped into. But since you dont have the fog option ,they isnt a switch there. Just remove your center console and see if theres a plug under there. I have fogs from the factory on mine,but when I removed my center console there was an extra plug under there. I dont know what it was for.

No ,the harnesses are not always the same. I worked in a Ford assembly plant,and there were different harnesses for different trim models. Though on some models they would run the same harness even if the options were different.But I cant say for certain about GT's.

OP
OP
Q

QwanSanchez

Reaction score
cool i'll try and pop off the center console this weeked and see if theres a plug there for it. I'll try and post some pics up just to make sure its the right plug. O0

Fryrice

Reaction score
Schweet. Call Randy at Liberty Ford in the parts department. In Maryland. Hes got great prices even with shipping ,and hes fast. I get all my OEM parts from him. He could probably tell you about tapping into that plug.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
I read one time that ford ran the same wiring harness for the coupes and the convertables. That extra plug that you see under the console is for the convertables to put the top down. If you have a coupe that is what that extra plug is for. I deal with Randy also and he is fast and knows what he is talking about. He can get all parts for you to install your fog lights. I think his # is 410-655-2000 ext.5618 Good luck :thumb:

cntchds

Reaction score
I have fogs that don't turn on... Is there a light that turns on on the switch itself when they engage? I know it's the least of my worries in the current state, but just curious.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
cntchds said:
I have fogs that don't turn on... Is there a light that turns on on the switch itself when they engage? I know it's the least of my worries in the current state, but just curious.

yeah the light by your center concle? does that light go on but fogs dont, vise versa or do neither go on?

cntchds

Reaction score
No to both. Though I have come to find that there are just a bunch of wires coming off of the fogs, none of which go anywhere...

I guess I'll have to test my soldering abilities yet again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online