Want To Buy FR500 Steering wheel

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What's the big deal on the FR?
I can understand the 10th...

But I wouldn't buy a fr... Just get redline to make me a wheel with perferated leather...

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Well it's 'uniqueness' has been lost somewhat over the past year or 2, since Redline and whatever other company can pretty much make you a nice wheel to your liking for a decent price.

But 4-5 yrs back when you could still buy one at the normal price and there were jackshit for steering wheel options other than Cobra wheels, they were the shit. They still are the shit IMO.

Most people are just butthurt 'cause they can't get one without paying an arm and a leg.

I know i'd be.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
They are both just a limited edition thingy. Redline can add the bumps or the perforated section to make any GT wheel look just like either one, just with better materials for less.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's 'uniqueness' has been lost somewhat over the past year or 2, since Redline and whatever other company can pretty much make you a nice wheel to your liking for a decent price.

But 4-5 yrs back when you could still buy one at the normal price and there were jackshit for steering wheel options other than Cobra wheels, they were the shit. They still are the shit IMO.

Most people are just butthurt 'cause they can't get one without paying an arm and a leg.

I know i'd be.

That is it exactly!

I bought mine when it was under $200, but just like the export stuff, people will try to bash it or downplay its awesomeness because they missed the boat and can't afford the buy in now.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Yeah. I remember I payed 220$ in '09 and thought...man, is this really worth it?

Yes, yes it was lol.

Sent from tha trap house.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they do feel nice but not +$400 nice especially since one can be made for much less now. Sure its not the real limited edition version but if you don't tell anyone they would never know.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
that's the bottom line. back when they were 150 up to even 250 Id say would be an okay price. I got one before they were discontinued and it is an awesome steering wheel, but even I'll admit now the prices on them have gotten silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online