Fresh Paint...thoughts?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
For those of you who didn't know I have a cobra front bumper that I snagged and will be putting on the car probably the end of March when this weather breaks here on the east coast. I'm going to get the rear bumper resprayed from one flaked off area from when I bought the car. I'm going to have the painter do some other work while the car is there and just wanted some opinions:

For the rear bumper, I really like when guys do the lower break a two tone. However, do you think the bottom section could look good painted black even with a black sumped tank?

I'm really tossed between two tone sn95's. I obviously have a black/red theme going on. With the paintwork on my hood, what do you guys think about black roof/pillars?

A few other ideas I was tossing around was painting the side of the cowl also black. As of now I just have the front of the cowl painted. And of course, the infamous mirror question. Black? Red? Keep the textured plastic?

Any and all input/pictures/ideas are welcome!

Tommy92

Reaction score
I like look of the bottom of the bumper being flat black. As far as black paint elsewhere, id advoid it. That reds a beautiful color. Why would you want to hide it with black? If it was me id paint the hood all red also.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I vote

Lower rear black
Paint just roof black
Red mirrors
paint entire middle section of hood black

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
If it was mine:
1)Black lower bumper section and red gas tank straps.
2)Black mirrors! Can't really tell but I assume you have tinted windows? If so the black mirrors will blend in with em, red would stand out probably a little too much.
3)Leave the hood how it is and remove the pony emblem. Once again just my opinion but to me an open grille would pull the black hood together with the front of the car more.
4)I'd avoid painting the roof black unless you did the tops of the doors and everything black.
5)I would either tint the tail lights or paint the bezels and possibly the center of the trunk black.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Some black and tied in would be nice for sure , I gotta do the lower part of my cobra rear bumper black

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the letters look gloss black...so ya gotta do gloss black on the rear bumper section (imo) once you do that...that sump will look dull and blah right net to the gloss on the bumper section i would think

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Black roof, Black s281, Black rear valance. Leave mirrors black (gloss). All this will tie perfectly into ur theme and looks sick.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mine has the bottom on the rear flat black and I love it. highly suggest.

15382268_large.jpg

23395920047_large.jpg

23395920046_large.jpg

23395920171_original.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I personally don't think the best way to tie a color scheme together is to just go around doing this and that in red or black, that looks like a car that was thrown together. I do like the lower part of the rear bumper in black, probably satin. I think the mirrors would look good red also and then I think if you're going to do black on the hood you have to do the whole center section that lines up with the grill, and then the top portion of the bumper around the grill black to match the hood if you want to take it another step. Personally I'd do the whole hood red and a black roof. You don't need bits of black all around the car to make a theme out of it, you already have a black chin spoiler and smoked headlights, if you wanted a little more black out the pony emblem but that's all it needs.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I personally don't think the best way to tie a color scheme together is to just go around doing this and that in red or black, that looks like a car that was thrown together. I do like the lower part of the rear bumper in black, probably satin. I think the mirrors would look good red also and then I think if you're going to do black on the hood you have to do the whole center section that lines up with the grill, and then the top portion of the bumper around the grill black to match the hood if you want to take it another step. Personally I'd do the whole hood red and a black roof. You don't need bits of black all around the car to make a theme out of it, you already have a black chin spoiler and smoked headlights, if you wanted a little more black out the pony emblem but that's all it needs.

I completely agree that just picking some parts and doing it a certain color can completely make it look "thrown together". I am putting a cobra front on so no more chin spoiler.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. The more I play with some photoshop I think I'm leaning away towards the black roof/pillar idea. I think as of now I'm just going to do the side of the cowl black to bring it down a little further, fresh paint on the rear bumper, the new cobra bumper painted up front, and POSSIBLY red on the mirrors.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
black roof and pillars would be hot for sure. With that much black on top i wouldn't worry about losing the chin spoiler up front, still think it would look fine with the whole hood red.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
With your "mustang" being black already the black valence will compliment it VERY well IMO. I really think you should do it man

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
There are two, two tone red/black sn95s that I think look amazing, let me know what you guys think

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score

Am I going crazy thinking that this is drop dead beautiful??

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score

Another one that I think absolutely amazing...is there a reason why guys aren't a fan of this type of two tone on a rio red sn95?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online