Front Splitter

wmfateam

Reaction score
I second the get on track first. Get to know what your car does well, and what does not do well. Getting a good instructor is worth however much your first track day is worth. I run with NASA, and I got a seasoned instructor that was a Mustang driver. It helped me get the base down to where I was working on going as deeper into turns and setting up passes. If you can drive a stock, crappy suspension car fast, the when you get the car sorted, you will have a blast.

OP
OP
D

drewsky121

Reaction score
Stock is fine but as you just admitted, if you don't have any experience on the track yourself I'd say definitely leave it alone and get time on the track. As of right now if you put a splitter on your car with no on track experience in thus car...you'd literally have no idea what it helped or hampered. If that makes sense. Crewing at the track is great but getting behind the wheel yourself is a whole different story. Need to learn the limits of the car (and the driver) first, then make changes from there.

appreciate the comments, but just want to throw it out there, i have about 15 years of driving experience, just none with this car. My interest was just more or less in whether people noticed a solid difference with the sn95 car, if they did, it would be something i was going to look at down the road. But yes, i'm very excited to get this on the track and start pushing its limits! however, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all the advice! thanks guys

ba#97

Reaction score
appreciate the comments, but just want to throw it out there, i have about 15 years of driving experience, just none with this car. My interest was just more or less in whether people noticed a solid difference with the sn95 car, if they did, it would be something i was going to look at down the road. But yes, i'm very excited to get this on the track and start pushing its limits! however, don't get me wrong, I do appreciate all the advice! thanks guys

my experience as a driver on these cars: pretty much none. my experience racing: for most of my life, and i've crewed for several teams. i just don't have the experience racing my own! thanks for the help guys, you'll see me coming back a lot of questions.. hope you don't mind! thanks y'all.

I didn't mean anything by it, just going off of this made me think you hadn't been out there. so now that we know you have experience I'd say take the car out, run it hard and get a feel for what it needs and then go from there. everyone that I've seen has just made their own splitter setup, the stock gt bumper is fine, I was going to do mine with the chin spoiler attached as well to get it a little lower to the ground. as long as it's solidly attached front and back and extends to the wheel wells it should be rather functional.

OP
OP
D

drewsky121

Reaction score
my experience as a driver on these cars: pretty much none. my experience racing: for most of my life, and i've crewed for several teams. i just don't have the experience racing my own! thanks for the help guys, you'll see me coming back a lot of questions.. hope you don't mind! thanks y'all.

I didn't mean anything by it, just going off of this made me think you hadn't been out there. so now that we know you have experience I'd say take the car out, run it hard and get a feel for what it needs and then go from there. everyone that I've seen has just made their own splitter setup, the stock gt bumper is fine, I was going to do mine with the chin spoiler attached as well to get it a little lower to the ground. as long as it's solidly attached front and back and extends to the wheel wells it should be rather functional.

My apologies, by "my own" i meant "My own car." alright thanks man, very much appreciate the advice!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online