Frustration!

PinkieT

Reaction score
Surfing Craigslist found a yellow 95 ragtop for $2k. I don't need another yellow ragtop, I already have one, but saw what looks like a set of Cervini tonneau covers in the listing. https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/kingsville-1995-ford-mustang-gt-50/6776648981.html I offered to buy just them, but the seller said he didn't want to separate. Damn! I'm tempted to buy the whole car, keep the tonneau covers, then sell the car in the spring.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
$2k is a deal then. You could clean that car up and turn it around for $2k without the covers.

I’m tempted to buy it!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I will let the seller sweat it out a bit and then make an offer for the covers, and if he still won't budge maybe make a lowball offer on the whole enchilada.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine runs!

But if you have the change, I'd buy the whole thing and sell it later, as others suggested. Otherwise you would be buying them and still having them painted.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I was going to wait a week and then make an offer, but the listing disappeared Sunday. You snooze, you lose!

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
gotta link? I can't open it directly. The advantage of the two piece Cervinis is that if you get caught in the rain, you can take them off and put the top up. One piece Saleens and similar units - you get wet!

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Thanks. I scrolled down and found them. Two things - I am trying to avoid one piece tonneaus, and they would cost me $750 shipped plus the cost of having them painted. I don't want them THAT bad!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The 2 piece are known for being kind of flimsy though. They have a bad habit of sagging in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95opal

Reaction score
gotta link? I can't open it directly. The advantage of the two piece Cervinis is that if you get caught in the rain, you can take them off and put the top up. One piece Saleens and similar units - you get wet!
Ive heard that for 20 years now but yet have mever seen someone actuall put there covers in ther car. I just want to know hiw you get them in the car and out without scratching them to shit. They wont fit in the trunk side by side? Option 2 stack them on top if each other and hope they fit? Any suggestions on how you plan to put them in the car if it rains?

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
My wife offered to make me soft bags for them. I would just put them behind the front seats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online