Fuel Lines inside the Car?

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Am I aloud the run fuel lines inside the car? Seems like if done well it is more protection for them from rusting here on the East coast.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your allowed to run them inside the car, or wrap them around the exhaust if you want. Do you want to? I would err on the side of caution, and the fact I have never seen them inside a car before.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about racing rules, but I would imagine that would be a bad idea.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after some thought I mean I know they put the racing fuel cells in the trunk but I think the racing leagues that require that would also probably require a cage.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from to prevent corrosion, but in the event of an accident I would want the fuel lines outside of the car with a metal barrier protecting myself from potential fuel spill/ fire.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
There needs to be a fire wall/break between you and any fuel source..... What are you racing

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just a nice trick ride, think I will back off on the road racing till I get this one all sorted out. I am looking at autocross, less wear and tear. See my thread on shock tower welding. This is all in the planning stage. I think I will sell the new Brembo set up and go back to PBR's, and I am going to try FTR's rear PBR setup. The roll bar and torque arm is not here yet so I sit and stare at the space the gas tank and spare wheel well take up and start to see simple ways to rebrace the car for less flex. The fuel lines and crap run under the passenger seat and that blocks the SFC bracing that go out to the frame rail. The rear seat frame and speaker shelf is very flimsy and easy to cut out then running cross braces to the roll bar is easy and much less flex than the speaker shelf.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's a reason the firewall on a car is literally called a "firewall."

Please, for the love of everything Holy, do not run your fuel or brake lines through the car.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
When you have a fuel cell. You need something to cover your rear seat delete

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When you have a fuel cell. You need something to cover your rear seat delete

I figured this was the case and even had something similar typed out but then I realized I was not a racer, I had no idea for sure so I deleted it.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Been reading tech rules all night; no fuel lines inside. The brake lines are ok, BUT depending on the sanctioning body some require the use of bulkhead connectors VS drilling a hole and just running a line through. The drifter boyz next door are going to be pissed as their groups are adapting more SCCA rules and they drift because they can't pass road racing tech. They run a compleat 2nd brake system inside for the "slide brake" to get the rear end to kick out.
Anyway here is the next rub...
IMG_0656-D.jpg
Time to put the rear coilovers on after sitting on the shelf with the pan hard bar for over a year. They are hitting the top quad shock and I have already flipped them over and still making contact so I will make up a set of spacers to go under the mount and give me some room.
The front setup is good for road racing but is overkill for autocross.
IMG_0676-D.jpg
I think I will sell the adjustable Tokico coil over setup with the FTR Brembo big brake kit. Even running Hawk 5.0 street pads the wife pops her contact lens out when she hits the brakes too hard.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Right now my lower control arms ar Steeda, so I have to go to MM for a set that will clear? Dang I need another car to put all my spare crap on and I just let my buddies sn95 slip through my fingers.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I will just leave that here.

[video=youtube;4NzTyUZp_5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NzTyUZp_5g[/video]

If or when you get better lower control arms you can eliminate the quads.

I am running stock RLCA and i took off the quads. No difference.

The front setup is good for road racing but is overkill for autocross.

And you can never have overkill. Better brakes means harder and later braking=better times. Better suspension=better times. I guess i see it differently. I rather have too much, than not enough.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I ran the Brembos road racing and no difference I could tell from the Cobra's. I am just not going fast enough to need that much brake torque and that set up is for the GT500 that weighs much more and goes much faster. Plus the wheels to run that setup and tires and 29 pound rotors multiplied by 3 for unsprung weight..... but they look COOL and everyone says they have never seen them on a SN95 so there is all that.
Now running Cobra PBR's in the rear with a proportioning valve could be good to get the car to rotate around a cone? Running the front Cobra PBR's with Hawk HP+ pads I was out braking everything but the GT3's on the 3/4 mile straight at Summit Point, zero fade. I was slow and people would follow me too deep into a corner and then get squirrely trying to slow down, the instructor was surprised a SRA shit box could out brake his Corvette.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Right now my lower control arms ar Steeda, so I have to go to MM for a set that will clear? Dang I need another car to put all my spare crap on and I just let my buddies sn95 slip through my fingers.

Then you can eliminate the quads. They are no longer needed with those Steeda control arms.

RichV

Reaction score
The short answer on the fuel lines is no. No tech .. road, auto-x, or drag will pass your car (unless of course you hide it and they don't know). Not to mention it's EXTREMELY dangerous on the street or track.

Even oil can combust if hot enough, and a lot of race cars have a gauge with a direct line or a accusump. Just something to think about because the second you come into a situation where you need to think safety, it could be too late. Not something to risk.

How long do you think it will take a stainless line to corrode outside the car? I would think the car would corrode before the line?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online