Fuel pressure regulator

J_lope82

Reaction score
I am wondering if installing a aftermarket adjustable fuel pressure regulator would add a little more horsepower? Or what benefits I would get with installing one? Current mods are full PI swap, tune and exhaust. In the future I want to do cams and gears. I don’t plan on going wild with the mods.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Fuel pressure regulator will not add power. You’re not at the limit of your fuel injectors or your pump, so there’s no need to change it. The regulator would only be needed if you outgrew the fuel rails, added aftermarket rails, and needed a way to regulate it.

Sometimes, if you are borderline on an injector, you can increase pressure to flow them a little more, but you don’t need that. If you bump pressure now, it’ll throw your tune off.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You could install aftermarket rails, regulator and such. As long as you leave the base fuel pressure the same it won’t cause any issues. Furthermore, my buddy nearly lost his ride when the stock rail crossover line burst. You could always do this in the name of a safety update.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online