Fuel rail question

Reaction score
I have a fuel rail that is for a 98 gt, but the lines go to the front of the engine but on every picture i see they are at the back of the engine, I'm really confused, every fuel rail i see on ebay looks to be the way mine is also??? Having some fitment issues wit the intake because of the fuel lines so just wondering

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Either one came on an sn95 modular? Thats a first for me...learn something new!

1bad95

Reaction score
Idk what those rails are from, just a pic that showed each type together with the crossover hose on both ends vs 1. I'm still unsure what the op has going on

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Im not talking about the crossover hoses I'm talking about the inlet(feed?) and return hoses(if thats what they are called)
IMG_0614_zpsoybqjvxp.jpg
IMG_0615_zpsvmeg6yow.jpg
sorry for the messy engine bay

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Looks like your car was one of them bastages caught in the middle of engineering changes.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Looks like your car was one of them bastages caught in the middle of engineering changes.
I can't find a fuel rail in with the inlet/outlet lines in the back and ofcouse my iac and pcv hoses on the intake are making it a pain quess ill have to make it work

blackdemon007

Reaction score

Possibly this...

My car is a 98 and both fuel connections (inlet and return) are in the back by the firewall.
Lines aren't even long enough to make it to the front.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I can't find a fuel rail in with the inlet/outlet lines in the back and ofcouse my iac and pcv hoses on the intake are making it a pain quess ill have to make it work

I was doing some searching on line and it looks like you might have fuel rails for a crown vic. I have a 98 and mine exits at the passenger rear (see picture)

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I was doing some searching on line and it looks like you might have fuel rails for a crown vic. I have a 98 and mine exits at the passenger rear (see picture)
I think you might be right, it looks like it could be out of an earlier model crown vic, which sucks because the ebay seller lied.
Its definitely not a late model crown vic rail though because i have one of those

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
wonder if there is something similar for the 5.0 as its a bit busy around the stock location.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I think you might be right, it looks like it could be out of an earlier model crown vic, which sucks because the ebay seller lied.
Its definitely not a late model crown vic rail though because i have one of those

Judging by this link your fuel rail could be from a 98 crown vic.

ttocs Im not real sure if there is an alternative for the pushrod guys. To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen a 5.0 Mustang fuel rail lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Judging by this link your fuel rail could be from a 98 crown vic.

ttocs Im not real sure if there is an alternative for the pushrod guys. To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen a 5.0 Mustang fuel rail lol

The 5.0 rail looks like the first one in the pic with the tape on the connector. Its up front behind the alt and just a busy area if I could move it to the back I would.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
The 5.0 rail looks like the first one in the pic with the tape on the connector. Its up front behind the alt and just a busy area if I could move it to the back I would.

Is the injector spacing similar to the 4.6? What about getting aftermarket rails and running you own lines?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online