fuel rail

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ttocs, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I have had my rail off for a while now and happened to have it upside down. I noticed inside of it was discolored and looked like it was rusting or corroding. Its the stock rail, is this normal or something to be concerned about? Something I can clean out or soak or just get a new one?

2. 95GT86SS

95GT86SS New Member

Might be build up from old gas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. The outside is still a nice shiny metal but inside doesn't look horrible, just doesn't look great. Take into account how expensive the aftermarket rails are and it leaves me wondering if I got another stock rail will it look the same or?

4. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

I wouldn't sweat it. Clean it out good, even a blow gun hooked up to a compressor would help immensely. That's what I did when I had mine off. Aftermarket rails are a waste of $, stockers get the job done.

5. ranger56528

ranger56528 Active Member

Both my factory rails had a tan off color spot on the lowest part where the O ring seats in the rail and I just cleaned it really good,think it's just how the seal interacts with the metal and fuel. Normal..

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

it doesn't really look bad enough to justify paying what they try to get for those rails. Extruded aluminum is just not that expensive. I think I am going to try and blow some sand through them to knock it loose and then clean/dry.

7. 95GT86SS

95GT86SS New Member

I wouldn't do the sand. I'd do like carb cleaner or the like. Maybe even mineral spits or even kerosene. Let it soak for a few hours. Use a pipe cleaner

95 GT BBK CAI TB MSD 6AL O/R H SLP LM1
    Coming soon GT40 Heads Intake and e303 cam with Long tubes