functional black hood pins?

infamous209

Reaction score
Im thinkin of getting black hood pins but i think its dumb to get non functional ones and since im trying to go with the black and green theme, dont really want any other color oh and on top of that i dont want to spend 100 bucks on some pins, know where i can get some? thanks

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Why not just get some ford racing ones and either have them powdercoated or shoot them yourself.

OP
OP
I

infamous209

Reaction score
I am gettin a different hood soon n I love the look plus I want to do away with the hood latch

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I too have never been a fan of them personally but I can see the function of them even though I Have never seen a properly shut hood pop up.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Most of the aftermarket hoods recommend them for safety. I had them from the factory on my new 69 Mach 1 & really loved the look! Still up in the air about them on my 94...sometimes yes & other times no...I have some high quality ones just sitting & waiting...we will see I guess.

wckdgt

Reaction score
i got upr's basic hood pin kit w the black base upgrade

134.jpg

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I have the Ford Racing ones w/ the cables but I have not installed them yet and dont know when I"ll get around to doing it :dontknow:

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
^ same story here
frpp ones cost like $30, u can paint them yourself. but the body shop quoted me at *close to, but under $100* and i dont trust myself drilling holes in my car

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
thats why its taken me so long to do it, not to keen on doing it myself and f'ing it up. If I get it repainted next year I'll have the shop install them if they do that kinda stuff

OP
OP
I

infamous209

Reaction score
if i get the aluminum ones i can have em powdercoated but thats like 50 bucks n thats kinda stupid expensive, i like the shelby style with the notched top for the pin.

Mustanger

Reaction score
infamous209 said:
if i get the aluminum ones i can have em powdercoated but thats like 50 bucks n thats kinda stupid expensive, i like the shelby style with the notched top for the pin.

Yeah my Black ones are notched like that too...very high quality.

OP
OP
I

infamous209

Reaction score
Mustanger said:
infamous209 said:

im a cheap ass and dont want to spend 100 on something that doesnt give me hp or better mpg

Yeah my Black ones are notched like that too...very high quality.

OP
OP
I

infamous209

Reaction score
Just got hood pins on ebay for 45 bucks and they are the good ones like the shelby style

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online