Funky noise on 98 Cobra when let off gas....

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Lately I have been having this almost groaning noise when I let off the gas/shift gears. It happens every time, whether it is shifting gears or just sitting still and revving. Seems to be coming from under the car at the back of the engine and maybe more on the passenger side. Exhaust leak is all I can think of, but I thought it would sound a lot different than that. Tomorrow I will get a vid of it happening if I can, but in the meantime any thoughts on this?? In all my years of owning cars I have never heard anything like it.

OP
OP
SnakeMedic

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Then I would say crapped throwout bearing!

Don't those squeal and make noise all the time unless clutch is depressed? Mine only makes noise when I let off throttle. At idle or revving, no sound at all. Only when throttle is let off, then the groan, then nothing again.

Lemme go get a video....

OP
OP
SnakeMedic

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Really annoyed. Went to try to get the sound, it didn't make it. Next time I drove it, it made it. Hard to drive and shift and video all at the same time. I did however make an "exhausdt" vid but you end up hearing a nice squeal from the pulleys. Or at least what I think is the pulleys. Here is that vid. Sorry, don't know how to post a vid here - it is not the standard [u2b] thing. (anyone that can tell me thanks!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8pzLjDxPBM

I will try to get the vid of the groan on decel or off throttle soon. You can really hear it most inside the car as it filters out all the other engine/exhaust noise.

OP
OP
SnakeMedic

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Now I am thinking a vac line.... one hose feels awfully loose in comparison to the others. Will be buying hose clamps to put over it and see if it fixes the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online