Funny what you can find around the back of a dealer lot...

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I still really wanna know where the hell my bumper went and where this one came from. I mean, I'm just curious at this point. Anyhow, some asshat decided to burn California down so as soon as that wraps up I hope we can move forward fairly quickly. I hope they totally bust all these jerkwad's and put em out of business (but not as bad as I hope they get the guy that started these fires and gice shock therapy to his balls)

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn, tthanks but I had already ordered one, it's here now, lol. I love those shifter's though.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Haha no problem man, I was just poking around and came across it. I want to get one for my T5, I've heard they're pretty awesome shifters. I wish I could feel one first, oh well.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well, I have had three, and they are awesome. But... a little oversprung, however all aftermarket shifter's are IMO. I never had a problem finding third, just wanted shorter throws and the stop's. The T56 put's the handle in a position that would make it easier for your passenger to shift than you.... SO the MGW is nice there, but I'm not sure if it's the shiifter or the T%^, but the one in my 97 make little click noises as I entered each gear. i don't remember that with my T45, it was wierd.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
What do you mean by oversprung? I'm thinking either the MGW or the Hurst, maybe the one with the chrome handle and white knob ^_^

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
For me, it takes too much effort for the 1-2 and 5-6 gates, and it tries to return to center too harshly. like I said though, I was never a third gear misser to begin with, and alot of people are.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I see what you mean. Well my shifter right now doesn't return to center at all, it just stays wherever u leave it. I've driven my friend's Pro 5.0 and it is a little stiff and notchy but it's very precise.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah stock shifters do that. I was looking more for shorter throws, positive stops, and the MGW's ability to put the handle wherever you want it put's it over the top. I'm 6'5", so the standard shifter location is far from ideal for me, and a T56 put's the handle closer to the passenger seat than the driver anyway.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea i know what you mean about that one... i'm 5'10'' and i'm a valet and i had to drive an 03/04 cobra with a stock shifter... lets just say that my knees where in the dash and i had to lean to get the shifter in reverse.... not cool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online