Funny what you can find around the back of a dealer lot...

smokeybear

Reaction score
so are you geting your acura back or are you going to get somthing else.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I haven't decided anything yet. Honestly, I paid very little attention to the newer car's, I had no desire or intention to buy one, lol. The opening at the bottom, and the double fog light style said Cobra to me, lol.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got a call from the Detective handling the case around noon. He said that the kid has been involved in this kind of thing for quite awhile, aparently they are going to try to bust more people involved. I guess they are stealing part's off car's, and stealing entire cars and striping them, then selling the part's. The funny thing is, aparently they are doing this to order. So I guess you get aholod of one of these little punks and say like "get me an 04 Cobra bumper" and they find a suitable car, and pop it off. I guess they ahd my car targeted before I bought it, me coming along just forced theem to act a little quicker. I still have no idea where the hell my bumper went, or where that came from. The detective was intentionally vague I think though.

Is there anyway to determine that my bumper is m ine? Probably not huh? Are they still available new from Ford? I've only found repo's so far.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's such an effing hassle man. I really did enjoy the car, I would love to keep it.

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
buy it :) wonder what they going to want for it
have you read the whole thread B?

JRGunn, go to svtperformance and look up the ford parts 10% over list parts thread. I think it is like 550 shipped for everything needed to install other than paint for the correct bumper.

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol, yeah it's real. I'm thinking at this point I may just get my poo car back and go on my way. There are a ton of other Cobra's out there with low miles for reasonable prices.

I really did enjoy the car though, it was very nice. And on the flipside, if I go get a different one, who know's what kind of new mess I get into? I think at this point I'm about ready to beat my head against the wall until I got pick up a nice hybrid.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Scarface said:
Snakebit said:
buy it :) wonder what they going to want for it
have you read the whole thread B?

JRGunn, go to svtperformance and look up the ford parts 10% over list parts thread. I think it is like 550 shipped for everything needed to install other than paint for the correct bumper.

No, what did I miss ??? ??? ???..........K ill go back and read all the post

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Holy cow pies this is a episode of Perry Mason :rollinglaugh: Ok I went back and read the entire thread and thats one hell of a story. They must be selling the parts on ebay or something, those termy bumbers are in HIGH demand for the new edge cars so I know there is money to be made on them, more than what the 99/01 bumper would go for. I hope this works out for you man, good luck

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I swear the stupidest things in the world happen to me. A couple weeks ago I ran into 7 eleven to pick up a pack of smokes before work, the damn place was being robbed, the cops came and blocked me in, asked a bunch of stupid questions, the robber ran away :hammer:

A few weeks before that a cop pulled me over on the campus of UCI (University of California Irvine), asked if he could search the car, told him no, he got a warrant and found my compound bow in the trunk, in a locked case. Aparently this is a felony on campus :slap: Even better yet, he unclipped his holster, and left it on the trunk, while he walked to the front of the car :slap:. That took three hours of my time.

If I was in that movie about Harold Crick, my life would be a commedy....

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, my mom has always said if it wans't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all. Now granted these thing's don't exactly ruin my life, but WTF? You know? They are just off the wall, I totally relate to Harold Crick, lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well lets hope if you DO get to keep the cobra, that something crazy doesnt happen to it............like a metor lands on it or it gets a 747 jumbo jet to fall on it :hammer:

OP
OP
J

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna run with it, I'm already attached. They need to get it back out of impound first, and get my damn bumper second, and I ain't paying jack until they do. But that works since it give's me more time to save a bigger down payment actually. Plus the GM of this place is like bending over backwards to make me feel better about the entire situation. I guess they charged the guy with a whole grouping of felonies, including embezelment :dunno: Kinda appropriate... And offered a free service contract for as long as I own the vehicle.

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
Holy cow pies this is a episode of Perry Mason :rollinglaugh: Ok I went back and read the entire thread and thats one hell of a story. They must be selling the parts on ebay or something, those termy bumbers are in HIGH demand for the new edge cars so I know there is money to be made on them, more than what the 99/01 bumper would go for. I hope this works out for you man, good luck
for the record the 99/01 bumper is the high demand bumper. THe 03/04 bumpers are a dime a dozen. Even more so since Ford quit making the 99/01 bumper

S

scarface

I say keep it, get them to get the bumper and paint it.... Then you have a termy with a fresh painted bumper O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online