Gauge cluster mod

EVILSN

Reaction score
Ok, so each week I make a goal to complete a weekly project. I was browsing the forums recently and saw a thread that Det_Riot posted. I've been looking for ideas on custom gauge pods. I saw what he did with his stock cluster and was instantly inspired. So here's two weeks worth of projects. Thanks Det_riot for the idea. And the switch panel for my fuel pump, fan over ride, launch control, and line lock.
image_10.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_12.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_13.jpg
[/URL]a[/IMG][/IMG]

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Okay but for fuel injected engines you'll need a fuel pressure gauge that goes up to 100psi. And what are you gaining by installing mechanical gauges in the cluster?

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Ok..... Well since it's not injected the fuel pressure gauge I have works perfect. For the gauges in the cluster neither are mechanical.

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Thank you, I thought the same thing. Any ideas?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That looks pretty cool man! I wonder if you would be able to swap out the speedo and tach with the same style gauges, then the silver would look better against the black?

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Thanks guys, and yeah I can but I have to figure out a way to get the gauges past the ribbon on the back. I'll probably switch to the race panel soon so I can run the same style speedo and tach.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Ok..... Well since it's not injected the fuel pressure gauge I have works perfect. For the gauges in the cluster neither are mechanical.
My mistake, never thought it could be carb setup. Maybe I'm not getting it, what are you trying to accomplish with adding the gauges? That you don't already have with the stock gauge cluster.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I could see it making better sense if you were replacing oil pressure and the temp gauges since our factory temp gauge isn't accurate and oil pressure isn't really a gauge, it's just a dummy gauge that activates after 6psi is present.

To me those would of been priority, but that just my opinion.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Oil pressure and water temp are on the a pillar, and a gauge Reading normal doesn't really make me feel comfortable monitoring my engine readings. I wanna see numbers. To each his own

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Fuel gauge is in its original place, fuel pressure is by the shifter.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
And I've got to say, I think personally that it would look slick with all black interior. But I am biased... Since mine is all black.

Justang

Reaction score
I dig it. My OCD wanted to flip the FP panel over because of the switches, but looks like you flipped it for install. How about a picture from driver POV so we can see the total package?

OP
OP
EVILSN

EVILSN

Reaction score
Ok guys I'll snap a pic later of the full interior and yes black carpet is soon to come.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online