Getting Dyno-Tuned on 3-2-2007

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I haven't been on in a little bit, but I just wanted to let everyone know I'm taking my car in for a dyno tune Friday March 2nd. The speed shop is Alternative Auto Performance (www.alternativeauto.com) out of Mt. Clemens, MI and they're strictly an EFI Ford speed shop. I'm excited for the fact that after the tune I know the car will be running top notch. I'm not expecting good #'s at all, being it is a 96 NPI GT, but I will post the results Friday after the tuning session. My mods are at the following link if you're interested in checking them out...

www.cardomain.com/ride/608265/2

GDawg

Reaction score
I'm going in on March 10th snow permitting....

O0

97blackgt

Reaction score
i want to get my car done also...make sure to post and let everyione know what you gained for hp!!

Pennywise2

Reaction score
The best of luck with your dyno numbers. O0
I will be going to Gruppe S to put my STI on the dyno.
Me and my cousin are hoping for 700+whp I very excited
to see where I am at.

Adam

Reaction score
Thats Lidios shop, he will do you right. He likes to beat stock stuff to death, his own stuff I mean...lol. Ask him how much boost he has run through a stock 4.6 motor... :eek:

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm getting blower put on and installed march 10...looks like a lot of us will be posting up some sheets!!! Good luck guys.

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
Yeah I'll post the #'s Friday and try to get my sheet online too.

Also about the boost in a stock 4.6....
He's got a 04 Mach 1 for which he ran 15 PSI safley for a year and a half off of a Kenne Bell until he upped it to like 21 and popped the motor. But he recommends 15 PSI on a safe tune if your not pounding on it every time you take off the light. I'll talk to him more Friday and see what else he has to say...

S

scarface

I run 13-14 all day long...I dont beat the crap out of it though.

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
OKAY THE #'S ARE IN...

The verdict is... 210RWHP / 282RWTQ

Since I wasn't expecting much out if it, those #'s were what I expected. I'm really happy w/ the tourqe #'s though. My buddy just got his 01 tuned and he has all the bolt-on's plus a 4:10 and only did like 277 RWTQ compared to my 282. He also said it was running extremley rich the first two runs. It only made like 198RWHP / 272RWTQ the first run to I gained 12RWHP / 10RWTQ out of this. I noticed a good difference, yeah. But I would've rather put the $450 towards like a 100 shot, PI Swap or somthing that will get my power where I want it. So unless you got the money for the dyno tune, NPI guys stay away if your N/A w/out a PI Swap or power adder. If you have any other questions let me know...

97blackgt

Reaction score
im very surprised that with those mods u only had 210 hp...how many miles does your engine have?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you wanted a dyno tune on your car? You don't really have any mods that need it...did you just want to know the #'s?

ALITL8

Reaction score
you really should have made more than that. my #'s are in my sig with pretty much all my mods. i did port and halfshaft my stock TB if that counts for anything :dunno:

what type of dyno did you get tuned on?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
you really should have made more than that. my #'s are in my sig with pretty much all my mods. i did port and halfshaft my stock TB if that counts for anything :dunno:

his #'s are about dead on for what he has considering our cars baseline between 170-180rwhp...
your #'s are high for being on a mustang dyno with the minimal mods you have listed.

ALITL8

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
ALITL8 said:

his #'s are about dead on for what he has considering our cars baseline between 170-180rwhp...
your #'s are high for being on a mustang dyno with the minimal mods you have listed.

i pulled 203rwhp/276rwtq on a dynojet pre underdrives and ported tb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online