Getting Dyno-Tuned on 3-2-2007

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
DropTopPony said:
ALITL8 said:
you really should have made more than that. my #'s are in my sig with pretty much all my mods. i did port and halfshaft my stock TB if that counts for anything :dunno:

what type of dyno did you get tuned on?

his #'s are about dead on for what he has considering our cars baseline between 170-180rwhp...
your #'s are high for being on a mustang dyno with the minimal mods you have listed.

i pulled 203rwhp/276rwtq on a dynojet pre underdrives and ported tb

UD's might get you 5rwhp and the TB isn't a restriction so porting the stock isn't worth much....then your #'s are on a Mustang Dyno which generally read lower then a Dyno Jett so your 217/299 on a Mustang Dyno is not accurate. Sounds like the operator was in a generous mood when inputting the data before your dyno run...its very common...they think if they give out higher numbers it will increase the number of people who want to use their dyno.

If your car did 203 on a Dyno Jet then you added UD's and ported tb you would hit 210 max on that same Dyno Jet and on a Mustang Dyno you should be reading 190's...with an accurate load input.

OP
OP
X

xx9gt6xx

Reaction score
The car has 98,2XX miles on it and it was ran on a DynoJet dyno. Lideo said that my #'s were pretty good considering it was a 96 NPI w/ 98k on it and no major mods. He said there have been guys in there w/ the same car as mine w/ the same mods only pulling like 200 RWPH and 270 RWTQ after the tune so he was actually suprised. But w/e. The reason why I wanted the tune anyways was to make sure the car was running in the best condition (air/fuel-wise etc.) and maybe pull an extra few horses out of it. So I want to say my #'s seem about correct.

Now ALITL8's #'s seem really high for what you've got. Not bashing at all, that's sweet your pulling those #'s, but from what DropTopPony was saying, the different dyno's can throw different #'s at you, either deflated or inflated. Or your car could be a freak car, who knows. But thanks for the input everyone, hope to talk to you all soon... 8)

LI98GT

Reaction score
Can you expand on how your car was tuned? Which chip did the shop use? Did they bump the timing and did they tune it to a specific octane of gasoline or did they just stick with 87 octane and played with the Air/Fuel ratios. Do you have multiples "tunes" that you can switch to depending on the octane you want to use i.e street/strip? Thanks!

ALITL8

Reaction score
i have the SCT Multi-Program Eliminator Switch Chip. 3 custom tunes (91 street/91 race/96 race) and the stock tune. as far as explaining what my tuner did/does on his dyno and computer... i have no idea but my car runs GREAT O0

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like Alitl8 has a very good tune, and his pull is on a non-loaded dyno.

good luck with your next stuff xx9GT6, I dyno'd mine before any mods and got 173 to the rear wheels - WOOT

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
It sounds like Alitl8 has a very good tune, and his pull is on a non-loaded dyno.

good luck with your next stuff xx9GT6, I dyno'd mine before any mods and got 173 to the rear wheels - WOOT

niiiice!!!
hopefully after i get my EGR Valve issue fixed and my o2 sensors replaced and my oil changed, i am going to get it dynoed just to see where i am currently at with my small bolt ons.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
Dalamar said:

niiiice!!!
hopefully after i get my EGR Valve issue fixed and my o2 sensors replaced and my oil changed, i am going to get it dynoed just to see where i am currently at with my small bolt ons.

and i might be mistaken but i dont think i need a tune with the mods i have correct? look at my sig and tell me

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no you really don't need one.
I did mine mainly to see what I gained from my headswap.

you can even do the PI headswap and you don't need one. the eec will remap itself.
however if you change the cam profile, or go ported heads, you do need to tune it.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

you can even do the PI headswap and you don't need one. the eec will remap itself.
however if you change the cam profile, or go ported heads, you do need to tune it.

ok cool. i didnt think i would but i wanted to make sure.

ALITL8

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
Dalamar said:

ok cool. i didnt think i would but i wanted to make sure.

Dalamar is right you dont "need" a tune but you would definitely notice the difference if you had one. my car doesnt cackle or pop when downshifted, it idles smoother and runs stronger than it has in a LONG TIME!! my motor has close to 170K miles on it now ;)

97blackgt

Reaction score
what baout just getting a xcal tuner and not an actual dyno-tune..what kinda hp is that worth?doesnt seem wirth the 400$

Pennywise2

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
what baout just getting a xcal tuner and not an actual dyno-tune..what kinda hp is that worth?doesnt seem wirth the 400$
Sure you could go that route but,depending on where you
get your canned tune from you are looking at 5-10 rwhp.
I think tuners are a waste too.

97blackgt

Reaction score
seems like othing is worth the money..except PI swap and nitrious

Pennywise2

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
seems like othing is worth the money..except PI swap and nitrious
The mods that are really worth it for the money.
Complete PI headswap.
PI intake and cams swap.
Nitrous Express kit with 100hp+ jets.
Procharger P1SC or Kennebell if you can afford it.

ALITL8

Reaction score
i took the car up to the shell station to get some 101 ($5 per gallon) and mixed it with some 91 so i could play on the 96 race tune... dyno tunes are worth the money!!

97blackgt

Reaction score
dyno tunes are the biggest waste of money it seems like

nless u have lots of mods or are not NA

ALITL8

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
dyno tunes are the biggest waste of money it seems like

nless u have lots of mods or are not NA

like my mama always said "dont knock it till you try it".

im happy as hell with the results and with my middle tune (91 race) i gained 9 rwhp/13 rwtq + the car runs fantastic!

97blackgt

Reaction score
sounds like u got nice gains....everyone else says to spend the money else where though...

i dont know if i wanna spend it there or spmeplace else

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online