[Good Update] Your thoughts on theses headlights

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well, im tired of waiting for my current headlights that i ordered. If they end up coming than i'll sell them on some forum. Im going to order a new set of headlights from a dealer thats known to every mustang owner, blueovalindustries. Heres the lights:

fd7106rlp4pcback.jpg

fd7106rlp4pc.jpg

I think there nice, but than again why does the lense have to be big and black? I was going to order the DEPOT set off ebay from another dealer, but the damn corner light has a lame reflector installed. :blah2::lame: The headlights pictured above are also depot lights, but have a different corner plus its cheaper from a good trusted company which is O0

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Your thoughts on theses headlights

bigjohnson4.6gt said:
i like them, how much?

$119.95 + $34.95 for shipping. not a bad price.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

bigjohnson4.6gt said:
sounds pretty good to me, do it up

Yep, plus
All parts are guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with a part, you may return it within 30 days for a refund or exchange. All returned parts must be in like new condition. Installed or modified parts can not be returned. Labor, installation, and shipping costs are not refundable.

Which means IF the lights that im currently waiting on decides to show up on my door step the same day as my new blue oval ones. I'll be able to send back the blue ovals and get my money back. Theses little shady ebay dealers have a non refund policy on everything unless its broke or something. I'll rather deal with blue oval policy than a shitty ebay seller one.

edit:
All orders are sent out within 24 hours of payment! (I can actually trust this since its Blue Oval talking)
Your payment of $154.90 USD to the seller blueovalindustries is complete. You will receive an email receipt for this transaction :behind:
Stay away from a ebay seller name Rokucreation. Read his lastest feedback. Just sickening. Im filing with paypal soon also: http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors...FeedbackAsSeller&ssPageName=VIP:feedback:2:us

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score

they look ok, but i would like them if they were tinted or had a black housing.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score

the look good definatley do it

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DFG_Pimpin said:
they look ok, but i would like them if they were tinted or had a black housing.

Ya, same here. But i think clear looks better on red than smoked. On darker colors (like green) smokes look kick ass for some reason. If i do get my other set of headlights i can send back the blue ovals if i like the other ones better. Hopefully, they both come the same week (if my 1st set ever comes. Paypal dupite has been filed b/c of him not replying to m questions. I know its been only a week, but looking at his recent feedback people state the same shit im going through.)

95-stang

Reaction score

Must admit i'm not keen on e-bay "lamp" sellers.
I ordered some cheap front "clear" turn signal lamps so i could dill a hole to put in a white side light bulb [we need them for our MOT test, it can't be amber] so as i did'nt have to cut up my originals, which i refit after it passes. The Police usually turn a blind eye.
However this seller really hiked the freight, put the 2 lamps in a box and sent them across the atlantic with no packing inside, one was almost smashed to pieces.
After the usually ignoring of my mails, i left him a red blot on his feedback, then i get a "why did you not send it back for swap or refund"? To which i gave many good reasons inc probably he was too stupid to fold some newspaper the first time, who was going to pay the 2 way shipping etc.
Btw he no longer sells on there [under that name anyway].
Since then i've been sticking to the big boys who do this for a living. ;)

M

mustangman111

I have these on mine and there amazing. THe only fucking shady thing is i paid the 150 off ebay and it says plug and play... MY ASS I had to pay 90 dollars to get them cutom installed. I even had to go back because the adjustment was so far down that you coudlnt even tell I had running lights on. He had to push them back and use a wingnut on each side for them to fit. In my op they were worth it. They really look good at the track 2 Ill try to post some pics with them on

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

Boo$t Or Die said:
I have these on mine and there amazing. THe only fucking shady thing is i paid the 150 off ebay and it says plug and play... MY ASS I had to pay 90 dollars to get them cutom installed. I even had to go back because the adjustment was so far down that you coudlnt even tell I had running lights on. He had to push them back and use a wingnut on each side for them to fit. In my op they were worth it. They really look good at the track 2 Ill try to post some pics with them on

pictures??

What year is your car? Do you know why they didnt fit?
Doesn't say plug n play on blue oval site: http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc.com/products.php?pid=99012290

Hopefully, they are.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I like the black ones much better...i don;t like the ring around the projector on those...kinda importish

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
I like the black ones much better...i don;t like the ring around the projector on those...kinda importish

Both look importy to me ;[ The ring around the projector sticks out like a sore thumb on the black ones. Time for a change away from the black housing/smoked lenses. Hopefully, they look good on a red car.
PHL_MUST_9498_BK_DE_topline_.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I meant the black ones you already ordered that don't have the ring.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
I meant the black ones you already ordered that don't have the ring.

Oh ya, Defiantly man im with you 100 %. The only reason i ordered the 1st pair was because it looked very close to stock lights however they housed projectors :bunny3:. Hopefully, both pair comes around the same time so i can decide which i want to keep.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

Wow, i am so confused right now. I emailed blue oval about theses lights and they said, "no matter what lights you have for whatever vehicle 9005 is always the high beam and 9006 is always the low beam"

I have a 9005 hid kit so what does this mean? :eek: I cant use the hids now??

S

scarface

it means the lights in the HEADLIGHT you JUST bought have a 9005 high beam, and a 9006 low beam. THere is an adapter plug that you plug wire harness into to convert them.

If you intended to put your HIDs in the projector housing, you have the wrong HIDS. you would need a 9006 HID kit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I dont believe I am.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

On the American Muscle muscle website it says

Low Beam: 9005

High Beam: 9006

fot those black projectors you ordered so :dunno:

American Muscle is Wrong!!!

I just went and dug my projector lights out of the garage and checked and the low beam is 9006 and high beam is 9005 but both bulbs fit in each side so you can swithch them but might have to use your high beam for low and low for high :-[

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
On the American Muscle muscle website it says

Low Beam: 9005

High Beam: 9006

fot those black projectors you ordered so :dunno:

exactly. Who rights and whos wrong :/ grrrr

S

scarface

if the bulb that goes into the projector housing is a 9005 then you are fine...if not, you can probably still use them in the other side, however the pattern will be scattered causing glare to the oncoming crowd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt