OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Your thoughts on theses headlights

scarface said:
if the bulb that goes into the projector housing is a 9005 then you are fine...if not, you can probably still use them in the other side, however the pattern will be scattered causing glare to the oncoming crowd.

:'( Hopefully, thats it. Otherwise im going to have 2 sets of headlights and 1 pair of hids that wont work. I know it sounds :lol: but damn.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
On the American Muscle muscle website it says

Low Beam: 9005

High Beam: 9006

fot those black projectors you ordered so :dunno:

American Muscle is Wrong!!!

I just went and dug my projector lights out of the garage and checked and the low beam is 9006 and high beam is 9005 but both bulbs fit in each side so you can swithch them but might have to use your high beam for low and low for high :-[

O0

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

those projectors are the same ones i bought the other day, cept i got the clear lense. once i get the corners i might try to takle taking the amber shit out them.

S

scarface

ju015dd said:
those projectors are the same ones i bought the other day, cept i got the clear lense. once i get the corners i might try to takle taking the amber shit out them.
shake and bakem!

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
On the American Muscle muscle website it says

Low Beam: 9005

High Beam: 9006

fot those black projectors you ordered so :dunno:

American Muscle is Wrong!!!

I just went and dug my projector lights out of the garage and checked and the low beam is 9006 and high beam is 9005 but both bulbs fit in each side so you can swithch them but might have to use your high beam for low and low for high :-[

:dancing6: Wow aint this a bitch :'( , this sucks big time. I wonder if i can return my hids since they haven't been installed yet for a 9006 kit. I mean i could do what you said, but than ill be driving around with that annoying blue high beam light on.

S

scarface

or just remeber when the high beams are on, you really are on low beams...lol

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I would try and swap them, explain that the place you purchased your headlights from gave you the wrong bulb info...maybe the guy will work with you if you cover shipping.

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

scarface said:
ju015dd said:
shake and bakem!

i cant wait to get em!!

S

scarface

yeah I will be looking for new headlights myself in just a few days :)

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

DropTopPony said:
I would try and swap them, explain that the place you purchased your headlights from gave you the wrong bulb info...maybe the guy will work with you if you cover shipping.

Ya hopefully they will. By the way thanks for digging out your old projectors to check for me.

blue oval said the same thing also:

From: "Blue Oval Industries" <[email protected]> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "l
Subject: Re: Mustang headlight question.
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:29:04 -0400
American Muscle obviously has no idea what they are selling. You can google 9005 bulbs or 9006 bulbs and see what they are

Thanks,

Blue Oval Industries, Inc.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score

scarface said:
yeah I will be looking for new headlights myself in just a few days :)

thats one of the things i love about the 99+ the headlights are awesome

S

scarface

the ones in my new car are really bad....

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

Shit, i hope they take them back. If not my last resort is buying another kit :/ which would be a waste of $119! By the time this is all over with i could've brought that stangmod hid kit. This sucks. I could run the stock halogen bulbs in the blue oval kit, but damn i wanted hids since last week. Wish i wouldve knew of this 9005/9006 problem last week.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

Update: There letting me exchange, but there charging a $20 fee. There going to do some test to make its not broke and never used. Omg, im so glad i didn't test how bright the bulbs were the other day. :dancing6: The kit has been sitting unused or even untouched from any protection pieces there packed in. Woo, he said just send in the bulbs and they will check it out.

What did we all learn yesterday? That 9005 are only used for HIGH beams and 9006 are low beam bulbs. :boink:

What would you ship it in? Im thinking a [ok] size box with news paper and bubble wrapping. :banana: :dancing6:

S

scarface

the post office sells a box and ships it for 6 bux. should be perfect for your Hids.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
get your damn headlights already..golly gee wilikers batman.

:( I swear dude it seems im never going to get hids. If its not one thing its another rofl. Damn. :dunno:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
New headlights shipped today with a working tracking number. My 1st set of projectors still haven't shipped out :help2: fucking scumbag. It seems everyday theres 2-3 different people complaining he never shipped there product or its been 1 1/2 months and still no product on ebay. Only reason why i ordered from him is b/c he was cheaper and had over 24000 positive feedback. I can't wait for theses clear depo's to get here b/c they look kick ass :dancing6: To bad i have to wait for my hids now.
Oh well now im on the correct road.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
these has to be the same lights.. if so they look kick ass. Doesn't look :rice: at all.
IMG_1643small.jpg

IMG_1637small.jpg

svtpsig2_v2.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1178b.jpg

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
^^now thats a sick ride, i wasnt even paying attention to the headlights lol, that 467 badge caught my attention

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online