Got the bug

Discussion in 'Auto-Cross' started by Pale Horse, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Pale Horse

Pale Horse New Member

This year I am hooked on autocross. I went 1 time 2 years ago and decided that is want I wanted to race. Since then the past year I have collected parts and info to build my budget minded car. Thus far I have stripped down some of the interior in the trunk and rear seat. Rear upper and lower control arms "SVE", ford racing c springs, AGX adjustable shocks, steeda rear shock tower brace, eibach sway bar. I just installed sub frames for the next race.I also am using a cold air kit "summit racing" 75mm MAF with adjustable sensor by optimizer, stack racing 70mm TB. I have shaved 6 sec of my time this year thus far. I am a member of a ford club that allows anyone to run. Thus come the ricers, LOL.

2. spank 141

spank 141 New Member

I plan on going to some auto x races when my car is done. I built the suspension more towards handling the twisties. I hope its fun i have never tried it and built this car more towards that kinda racing so I hope it works out. If not I will have fun driving the car through the mountains that is for sure.
    I been looking for a ford club to go auto x with but hasn't been that easy most people don't do it around here because it cost 250 to 300 dollars a weekend while you can drag race for only 20 bucks.

3. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

Got some pics?

Hows the suspension on that setup? Our cars need help in the chassis department and the rear end. What brake setup do you have?

6 seconds on a auto-x course is like a time machine. Nice job!

4. ba#97

ba#97 Well-Known Member

there is no way autocross costs $250-300 a weekend. you must be thinking of open track days. autocross is much different and the most I've paid for an autocross day is like $75. usually it's about $60 for a weekend.

Both you guys should look up your local SCCA solo 2 chapter and run with them as well.

http://www.solo2.com/locations.htm

also look up the san diego chapter for you. idk where the original poster is to help him out.

5. Pale Horse

Pale Horse New Member

The arms and swaybar are nonadjustable. The shocks are at the highest setting aswell as the struts. The spring rate I believe is 650 front 250 rear. you may look the tire pressure and tires you run. I use hankook zs214's 32-35psi. Brakes are stock for now. I also use UPR camber caster plates.

6. familytruckster

familytruckster New Member

Auto-x is quite fun. It's definitely addictive. I'll get back out one day.

7. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

and so it begins.... . ... lol.