Gots some new wheels on my 98. Before and after.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Before, 17x8/17x10.5 Bullitts with 255/40/18 555 and 315/35/17 555R tires.

After, 18x9/18x10.5 Termis with 235/45/18 BFG Comp 2s up front and 275/40/18 out back. BFGs run big and I like the slightly stretched look so don't judge. BFG rates the 235s for up to a 9" rim and the 275s for up to 11" and they mounted and seated just fine.

Honestly I can't get over how much better the car looks. Its like a night and day difference to me. Also did the rear calipers too because at least the driver's side rear was seized.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The bullits looked way better imo.

Got any close ups of that small stretch? :headbang:

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a deep dish bullitt fan, obviously.

But I do have to say that those cobra look great! They suite the car better, but it might be because they're 18s though too.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I never say it.. But moar low and you'll be golden. Nice choice, both wheels look good

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
  • Personally I think the bullits would have looked fine if they weren't chrome but I'm loving the cobras!!

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Ah you are all Debbie Downers lol. Bullitts are everywhere around here, like EVERYWHERE. The stretch is probably something that a lot of ppl will not like. Its dim in the garage but I'll get a bunch of pics tomorrow. The 275s are exactly flush with the rim lips, with the 235s the lip is out maybe 1/8" from the sidewall. I probably could have gone with Continental 265/40/18 which is the same 26.3" height I was looking for but going taller than stock and the car being lowered I didn't want to push it. Like I said I like them. 18" Bullitts might have been nice too but I like the narrower spokes. Was kicking around some Chrome 18" 95 R style rims too. You used to see them ALL the time but not so much anymore.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
AFS right?

I'm finally not the only one on this site with these wheels now.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I love both styles honestly, obviously I'm partial to bullitts (see sig LOL). But I really dig the 03 Cobras.

Gtvert

Reaction score
I'm partial to bullets too, but it looks a lot better now I think.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I honestly thought the old ones looked like roller skates on the car but they were right around stock tire size at 25.4 and 25.7. I think the stock size on a SN95 is way too little anyway which is why these wheels are 26.3 up front and 26.6 out back. Stock 94/95 Cobra is the only one that is slightly bigger at 26.1" OEM.

As for the stretch, its probably worse up front for ppl that don't like it. out back the sidewall is flush with the lip. The BFGs also set a little differently that some other brands so there is a little gap but that's just how the tires are even a little wider it would still be there.

Also... plz forgive the dirty/mess garage, goddamn dead grass from winter keeps blowing in and its hell to keep cleaning. Also that pallet is my new trans, it should be out of there soon and I can park normally again lol. Also my wife keeps leaving shit on the floor... sigh...

Front 235/45/18

Rear 275/40/18

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
AFS right?

I'm finally not the only one on this site with these wheels now.

Yes and their customer service was surprisingly amazing. One of the wheels I got had a pretty good rash on one of the spokes. They got back to me the next business day with a RMA number, paid for shipping back and as soon as they saw a tracking number they shipped a replacement wheel. New wheel was fine and on they went. I understand these are not top of the line rims and there are going to be a few little nicks and dings when they are made with 0 quality control by workers paid 5 cents an hour but this was pretty bad. Anyway its all good now. Rims balanced perfectly, my favorite tire shop had me in and out in 30 minutes. They were a little skeptical too when I said I paid $588 shipped on ebay for the set lol.

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Before, 17x8/17x10.5 Bullitts with 255/40/18 555 and 315/35/17 555R tires.

After, 18x9/18x10.5 Termis with 235/45/18 BFG Comp 2s up front and 275/40/18 out back. BFGs run big and I like the slightly stretched look so don't judge. BFG rates the 235s for up to a 9" rim and the 275s for up to 11" and they mounted and seated just fine.

Honestly I can't get over how much better the car looks. Its like a night and day difference to me. Also did the rear calipers too because at least the driver's side rear was seized.

I'm glad you didn't go with black wheels, the machined looks a lot better. These sheets definitely look better than the Bulitts!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
Only problem I have with the stretched look is your tire won't ever help with any curb rash. Got to have a little cushion for pushin.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Only problem I have with the stretched look is your tire won't ever help with any curb rash. Got to have a little cushion for pushin.

I had the same issue with the rears I had on before. Those Nittos run narrow as hell, the 315 wide 555R I had on there isn't really any wider than the 275 I have now. MAYBE a 285 but that is the reason one of the rear rims had a slight curb rash. I don't park this car on the street, its garaged and if I do ever have to put it on the side of the road real quick I put like a foot of clearance between me and the curb. I know its just a 98 GT but nice SN95s are starting to get a little rare and I want to keep this as nice as possible.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
The bullits are just so played out, and EVERYONE has them.

Not many people spend the dough. And get the 18" Afs reps. I hope you have better luck the I did with my afs wheels. I had the 10.5" in the machined 17 and the coating was horrible after about 6 months.

I love the look of the black inserts too.

lutter94

Reaction score
Everyone has them? Who's everyone? I see another SN95 maybe once every week, maybe two weeks.....There is one other that I sometimes see fairly often, but its completely stock with those silver 5 spokes.....

Tally_4.6

Reaction score

Not many people spend the dough. And get the 18" Afs reps. I hope you have better luck the I did with my afs wheels. I had the 10.5" in the machined 17 and the coating was horrible after about 6 months.

Still holding strong after 6-7 years on the car, some minor mineral deposits though.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I like the new wheels better than the bullits but both look pretty good. Just gotta get what YOU like best

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score

Thanks. I do not drive the car in bad weather if I can avoid it. Maybe rain sometimes but no snow/ice/salt and when the temps start getting below 40 consistently she goes away and I suck it up and drive the truck.

Everyone has them? Who's everyone? I see another SN95 maybe once every week, maybe two weeks.....There is one other that I sometimes see fairly often, but its completely stock with those silver 5 spokes.....

Every single SN95 I see either has stock wheels or Bullitts. A few New Edges have FR500s, that's pretty much it. I have never seen a legit 03 Cobra with these wheels much less anything else.

Still holding strong after 6-7 years on the car, some minor mineral deposits though.

This is what I hope since this car will never see snow/ice/salt. Worst case there is a really good powdercoater local to me that will blast them and coat them whatever color I want for $100/wheel.

I like the new wheels better than the bullits but both look pretty good. Just gotta get what YOU like best

This is what I tell everyone to a point. If you are doing something to your car that is illegal or will endanger others on the road I hope you get a citation and a fix it ticket and your car towed to an impound lot where it is $100/day. If not then do whatever you like and don't let anyone bring you down.