Greetings from Michigan

Ecto50

Reaction score
Good morning all

I hope all is well, My name is David and I'm in Grant, MI.

I have a Lazer Red 1995 Mustang GT Convertable.

I have some project ideas for the near future and I am looking for some like-minded mustang owners who may be able to provide constructive feedback.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Great constructed feedback is what we all here at sn95forums are full of!

It be great to see a pic of your car!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Great looking car!

Do you have any plans for it? Like modifications, maybe some bolt ons?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum. Nice ride you have there. Looks like an early build '95.

How can you tell it’s an early build 95?? There’s no difference in early year or late 95’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
How can you tell it’s an early build 95?? There’s no difference in early year or late 95’s.

Actually, there are a few differences. Most minor and not very many but a few. This one is the spats on the front rocker panels behind the front tires. From what I have observed, the 1994 and early 1995 builds have a straight side skirt thingys that run from the rear of the front wheel opening to the front of the rear wheel opening. The later builds turn up and act like a little mud flap looking thingy. Look at the pics the OP posted above. See the side skirts? They are straight from front to back. Look at DkBlue 98GT in the white convertible. See how they turn up behind the front wheel?brakes1 (3).JPG See mine before I put the export fender flares on? The whatcha call them..."rocker panels"? See how they turn up like a mud flap sorta thingy? The early ones didn't have this style. They were straight. See how I had to use the early style to clear the export fender flares? Of course, I always stand to be corrected but from what I've observed the entire 24 years I've owned this car, this difference has always been there.20150510_095503.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, there are a few differences. Most minor and not very many but a few. This one is the spats on the front rocker panels behind the front tires. From what I have observed, the 1994 and early 1995 builds have a straight side skirt thingys that run from the rear of the front wheel opening to the front of the rear wheel opening. The later builds turn up and act like a little mud flap looking thingy. Look at the pics the OP posted above. See the side skirts? They are straight from front to back. Look at DkBlue 98GT in the white convertible. See how they turn up behind the front wheel?View attachment 1050 See mine before I put the export fender flares on? The whatcha call them..."rocker panels"? See how they turn up like a mud flap sorta thingy? The early ones didn't have this style. They were straight. See how I had to use the early style to clear the export fender flares? Of course, I always stand to be corrected but from what I've observed the entire 24 years I've owned this car, this difference has always been there.View attachment 1051

That has been an argued point for a long time. Mine is a late year 95 and still had the straights. Every time it’s argued nobody can seem to come up with pics of a bone stock 95 with the turn ups.

There’s no difference in appearance in 94-95

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Mine came with the turn ups . I bought it brand new off the lot October 25, 1995. It was built 12/94. I have dozens of pics of it totally stock to show it with the turn ups and will post them tomorrow so, apparently, there is a difference. The rhyme or reason for the two styles from Ford I cannot say. The export fender flare kit came with the new straight pieces as they would not clear the turned up style. The pic I posted of my car with the Cobra R rims clearly shows the turned up style ends. Certainly had not installed the flares up to that point so....?

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
20190317_095956.jpg 20190317_100010.jpg 20190317_100107.jpg 20190317_100201.jpg 20190317_100226.jpg 20190317_100302.jpg 20190317_100333.jpg 20190317_102828.jpg
@EvilCW331.
I figured I would go ahead and send these out to you, my friend. I took these pictures with my tablet of some of the pictures in my photo album. Not digital pictures; real, old school pictures printed on paper in a photo book so pardon if you see a little glare. These are some pictures from the day after, and the few following days after, I bought my car. Window sticker still in place, paper tag still on, and photo is date stamped. Can't get much more "bone stock" than that. When these pics were taken, I hadn't even farted in it yet. Straight home from the dealer and gave him a proper bath. See the paper tag still in place. The first two shows it from about every angle. See the turned up rocker panel thingys? Bone stock - right off the lot. The next two are pics of my ex-wife's 1995 GT. It was a 5-speed. Long story short; she got pissed because I got a new Mustang so she went out 2 days later and bought her own self one but I digress. Front and rear angle shows the turned up style rockers on hers as well. Hers was a late build and I mean LATE build '95. Like May, June, or July if memory serves. I can go check as my cousin bought it from her in 1998 and he still has the car. The next two shows mine beside my sister's '87 'vert. Should be able to see the rockers in both views. Next pic shows paper tag, window sticker, date stamp, and...turned up rocker panel thingys. The last shows my old EMS partner's 1995 GT 5-speed. She still has this one, too. She saw mine and found the this brand new Yellow 1995 GT. This pic was taken a month or two after I got mine but I don't remember the exact date. This was a late '94/early '95 build and see it has the straight rockers. Explain it? I cannot. One thing though, they were different. I have plenty more pics if you want to see them. Can't believe I'm the only one who has pics of a "bone stock '95 with turn ups". If so, then there you go.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 1069 View attachment 1070 View attachment 1071 View attachment 1072 View attachment 1073 View attachment 1074 View attachment 1075 View attachment 1076
@EvilCW331.
I figured I would go ahead and send these out to you, my friend. I took these pictures with my tablet of some of the pictures in my photo album. Not digital pictures; real, old school pictures printed on paper in a photo book so pardon if you see a little glare. These are some pictures from the day after, and the few following days after, I bought my car. Window sticker still in place, paper tag still on, and photo is date stamped. Can't get much more "bone stock" than that. When these pics were taken, I hadn't even farted in it yet. Straight home from the dealer and gave him a proper bath. See the paper tag still in place. The first two shows it from about every angle. See the turned up rocker panel thingys? Bone stock - right off the lot. The next two are pics of my ex-wife's 1995 GT. It was a 5-speed. Long story short; she got pissed because I got a new Mustang so she went out 2 days later and bought her own self one but I digress. Front and rear angle shows the turned up style rockers on hers as well. Hers was a late build and I mean LATE build '95. Like May, June, or July if memory serves. I can go check as my cousin bought it from her in 1998 and he still has the car. The next two shows mine beside my sister's '87 'vert. Should be able to see the rockers in both views. Next pic shows paper tag, window sticker, date stamp, and...turned up rocker panel thingys. The last shows my old EMS partner's 1995 GT 5-speed. She still has this one, too. She saw mine and found the this brand new Yellow 1995 GT. This pic was taken a month or two after I got mine but I don't remember the exact date. This was a late '94/early '95 build and see it has the straight rockers. Explain it? I cannot. One thing though, they were different. I have plenty more pics if you want to see them. Can't believe I'm the only one who has pics of a "bone stock '95 with turn ups". If so, then there you go.

When this was last debated it was noticed that the majority who said they had seen these turn ups were from Ohio-Michigan- and other areas on the eastern seaboard. It was figured that those were just some new stock coming in at that time.

Most of the rest of us who’s cars came from elsewhere seemed to still have the flats. But again, most couldn’t find pics of turn ups. If all of these you posted are from the same area then that would go back to the area specific idea.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Yes. They were all ordered through the same DSO - 21 which is Atlanta and all sold to dealers in South Carolina. I've seen them from all over at the MCA National shows. Some with the straight ones - some with the turn-ups. Meh...it's all good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online