Handz Summer 2010 Build Thread: PI Motor Swap

JoshHooten

Reaction score
I swear Handz you are the BOMB when it comes to detailing. your shit always looks perfect.
Most cars at car shows don't look that clean with week old paint.
You are the MASTER of detailing.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys.

I REALLY wants to export mirrors, but i need a new cowl vent first because mine is cracked..... and I already need another set of tires.

My car was a little dirty in the last pics because i just gave it a quick wipe down before those shots. Glad you guys think it looks good!!!

I am gonna get some REAL shots in a epic locations very soon!!!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have export mirrors.... .. you ain't balla unless you pee yo' pants.

i mean... have export mirros. LOL.

glad to see this thread is back... .again....

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pioneer DEH-80PRS Stereo Install + Authentic '95 Cobra R Radio Delete Panel

I got tired of my Tape deck and need to step into 2012. I need a stereo that could hook up to my iPhone and could also play Pandora. I waited for like 6 Months for Pioneer to release the new DEH-80PRS deck. Its the Top of the Line Pioneer Deck for 2012. The best of the best. Has 2 USB hook ups on the back so i can charge 2 phone or run 2 devices if i wish.

Since I wanted a CLEAN install, I decided to mount my APEX-i Digital Tach in the second din-spot. I search HARD for a AUTHENTIC 1995 Cobra R Radio Delete panel. This is a real one and i think i got the last one of earth. In the 1995 Cobra R the radio delete panel was in the top din spot. I wanted to see if it would mount in the bottom spot so i could mount my digital tach to it.

The Cobra R Radio Delete Panel is plastic and made by Roush. It looks OEM even down to the texture. It snap into place using clips like OEM pieces do. I did have to grind it down to fit the lower din but it fits perfect.

Here is a picture of a 1995 Cobra R with the radio Delete.

3131325576_014487bdb2.jpg

Here is My cobra R radio delete before I installed it. Amazing OEM quality and was well worth the money.

IMG_0208Small.jpg

IMG_0214Small.jpg

IMG_0219Small.jpg

Here is a pic of the Stereo installed with the delete kit.

IMG_0229Small.jpg

And the Final Version. I used 3M 20 pound rated Extreme Double Stick Tape to mount the APEX-i RSM to the delete panel. Holds SOLID.

IMG_0430Small.jpg

IMG_0433Small.jpg

IMG_0436Small.jpg

stprorolla49

Reaction score
nothing screams quality custom work more then advertising your 3m sponsor for double stick tape...

X2. Doesnt look bad, but doesn't look like anything fantastic...kind of off your typical creative/clean ways dude. I'm scared to ask what you payed for that plastic panel...

IMO, I would've swapped to double din if you're trying to get with the times. So much cleaner!

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am not down with any double decks. I think double din decks are kinda ghetto.

3M Extreme Double Stick Tape is no joke. Its the same stuff the factory uses to hold the fender emblems on. It's been holding my HID Ballasts to my bumper for years now. Its HARDCORE. It is without a doubt the cleanest way to install it. Its sits perfectly flush. When i had it mounted to my A/C vent with the APEX-i Bracket, Apex-i sent the bracket with 3M double stick tape to mount it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online