Hard braking=rear clunking noise....

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
(Not sure if this is the right section but I'm also not exactly sure if it's the suspension or the rear brakes)

I've never noticed it till I was on my way to the track last Saturday. I had to brake really hard and heard a repeated clunking noise coming from the rear. Almost as if something was hitting something else in the rear. I know it's not my exhaust. I checked that once I got to the track. I don't have anything in my trunk or backseat. It did it again yesterday cause some lady pulled right out in front of me and I had to put the brake pedal down fast! I'm thinking maybe it's the rear brakes hanging up or hitting or something.
Any ideas??

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Did it do it before you put the wheels on? Take both your wheels off and check for rubbing marks on the edges of the tire and wheel well. That's what I'd do first.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Red said:
Did it do it before you put the wheels on? Take both your wheels off and check for rubbing marks on the edges of the tire and wheel well. That's what I'd do first.

Before these new wheels, I never had to really brake hard. I'll take a look though and see if that's what it is.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whats the condition of your LCA and UCA bushings?

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Scarface said:
SRT Handz said:
whats the condition of your LCA and UCA bushings?
DING DING DING....

www.maximummotorsports.com is your fwiend :boink:

I suspected that may be it but I wanted some more input and elimination of most possible causes. Suspension is coming soon so I'll replace those as well. Just to be thorough, I'm gonna check the inner tires and take a look at the brakes.

Thanks.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I started getting MAD clucking when my LCA bushings started going out... Plus since the LCA bushing were cracked they were squeaking SO f'ING BAD it was driving me NUTS!!!!

Since the CA's are the only the positioning the axle, the whole axle itself could be moving around back there and hitting something.

Replace the LCAs with MM units and the UCA with Brand new Stock Uppers From Jegs and call it a day. :thumb:

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
I started getting MAD clucking when my LCA bushings started going out... Plus since the LCA bushing were cracked they were squeaking SO f'ING BAD it was driving me NUTS!!!!

Since the CA's are the only the positioning the axle, the whole axle itself could be moving around back there and hitting something.

Replace the LCAs with MM units and the UCA with Brand new Stock Uppers From Jegs and call it a day. :thumb:

lol....I know someone in particular with that problem...*cough* Pete *cough* :)

S

scarface

SRT Handz said:

good lord for once I actually agree with Greg...lol

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
suspension frieght train ewwww. i had squeaking and mild clunking. not anymore....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online