has anyone installed the mach audio on a car that never had it?

94classic

Reaction score
found a guy who wrecked his 02 GT and scored the leather seats and the front mach tweeters and only wanted the screens for the rear deck as i only want the look. Has anyone installed just the tweeters on a car that never had them? Noticed i need the plastic bracket that fits behind the door panel too attach the speaker and i know how to wire them but any advice on this would help! I have always wanted the mach look for my 94 just cause it looked plain without it! lol. Not many options in 94. Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the mach tweeters are just a 4 ohm speaker so it will not be difficult to wire that into almost any other stereo. Now the woofers are an 8 ohm speaker and do not like to play with much gear other then the mach amps but you didn't mention that you wanted the woofers. The tweeter enclosure/mount is actually 2 pieces that can be separated. The lower portion that goes under the door panel can be removed and it could be as simple as removing the tweeter and sinking a screw through the back of the mount and into the sail panel on your car. Now honestly though the tweeters were an ok speaker but being 20 yrs old now they are not as good as the use to be and I can't say I would add them to a stereo. If you want the look I would probably recommend swapping the speakers out for a aftermarket set.

OP
OP
94classic

94classic

Reaction score
I did some you tube research and found people that have cut the lower half off the speaker housing and with the speaker cover back over the housing you can't tell it's been done so that would save the door panel from being cut wich I'd never do. They also put bass blockers on how would you wire it to 4ohm I stated I new how to wire them but at the time figured it was just pos and neg? Also no subwoofer ttocs just mainly wanting the look like it had it factory also they do make a 1 inch and 3 inch upgrade to have a screamer in your ear

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had to read that 3 times to figure out what was all being asked there. Punctuation is your and my friend my man.

You don't need to cut the bottom of it off it just clips onto it so you can just pull it off. Yes you will need some kind of bass blocker and that is as simple as wiring a capacitor with one of the speaker wires and it will take the bass out of the signal. I will need to remember the equation to get the right cross over freq from the caps for the tweeters its been a while but I think I can dig it up. To wire it you could just tap into the signal that is driving the 5 x 7 to play the tweeter but it will make the deck that is driving them get hot. Ideally you would either have an amp to drive either the 5 x 7 or the tweeter alone and then have the deck play the other. It is just a + and a - to connect just like any other speaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online