Hawks Nest Cruise '12... 09/08/12 !!!!

OP
OP
Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Didn't enjoy the "drunk" post btw.. gotta say... hence my edited one after it.

But I like the optimism on the rain. Thats what im counting on. no rain

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Hahaa I meant it all in good fun...but I realized this morning that it didn't come out the way I intended haha sorry bro!

I'm psyched to see your cobra again...does it still have the 03 cobras?

OP
OP
Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
No worries.

It has on it a set of black ones now. Still 17s since im running 295s up front and its meant to be auto-xed on. At some point or another anyways

You and your crazy colors. But it works..

btw. that an R hood?

BLCKSTNG96

Reaction score
Nice to see this back,had a good time that day,if I get my trans sorted out by then ill prob try to make it as well with a few others

OP
OP
Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
^^ GREAT TO HEAR MAN!!! Awesome!

Jon - yea 295s on all 4. It surprisingly doesn't really rub. Had it rub for the first time the other day. I was at full lock backing out of somewhere. So I'd say only rubs a tad on full lock. Otherwise not one bit. Of course I still have to put my drivers side fender liner in, but that shouldn't change a whole lot. Only have some phone pics I kept for myself and havnt shown anyone but Surge

20120612_140027.jpg

20120612_115412.jpg

I am running an inch and quarter spacer still. lol
20120612_121630.jpg

20120612_121614.jpg

Hows the Cervini piece? Buddy has one on his 04 and wants to go a different route. I personally don't like them. But that's my take, and can be only taken so far since I don't own a Cervini piece. Also, next time anyone around here buys one. Try to pick it up. They are only in South Jersey. Bout 40 minutes south of me.

Mine has an 00R as well now. Only difference between yours and mine would be mine has a 3'' rise and is shaped differently in the back of it to make it functional.

Sometimes I guess whether or not i made the right choice. My car isn't lowered enough to give it that perfect look with the R hood.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Nice man, car looks awesome! Yea your hood is a lot bigger than mine...honestly my Cervinis was a POS. It took the body shop forever to even make it fit, it was WAY off. It looks awesome now that it fits, but it wasn't up to the quality standard that I expected.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Nice man, car looks awesome! Yea your hood is a lot bigger than mine...honestly my Cervinis was a POS. It took the body shop forever to even make it fit, it was WAY off. It looks awesome now that it fits, but it wasn't up to the quality standard that I expected.

Yeah well thats what you pay with aftermarket. My kaenen was expensive, but it didn't sit flush like factory. Hinges had to be adjusted for the hood to close and it sits about 1/8th of an inch higher than the fenders toward the cowl.

OP
OP
Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Thanks. Car should actually look significantly different than those pics by the time of the cruise. Well, just better. If everything goes ok. Which it never does lol.

That's what I thought. They make themselves out to be the best quality. But fail to mention that is largely in thanks to the body shop that did all the work. I am sure it does fit wonderfully now. Mine still has a larger fender gap on one side then the other. Stuff still has to be readjusted and crap. New windshield. etc. etc. It can suck a fat one at this point.

Glad it worked out and you are happy with it now. Im sure once you first saw it, you were all W.T.F! and hoping the body shop would make it look like you knew it should

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Dude I was SO pissed...at first they said it was so bad that they couldn't make it work. After a few choice words from myself, they figured out a way to make it work haha

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
you call cervini with a few choice words as well? lol
No I actually didnt haha...because I figured that wouldn't help anything. However...if the body shop couldnt make it work, I would have definitely called Cervinis.

I was on a tight schedule tho because I got all the paint done just in time for American Muscle last year...so I didn't have time to send the hood back to Cervinis, I had to make this one work.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I might be adding 2 more people coming with. 97NYStanGT and my friend with an Azure Blue Mach. Not sure yet.

Pat, car looks MINT btw.

OP
OP
Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Cant wait for yours to be done man!.. it looks good because that is the good side of the car lol

Added a list of people so far to the bottom of the first post

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Looks like 14 so far...thats pretty legit. We might be able to get Dave to come with his Notch...and maybe Steve with his red vert.