Hci complete but no start...

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Fixed my tps sensor and made sure it is functioning right. Installed a new distributor and confirmed timing and spark at plugs. I installed my qh with Willies tune on it. The car turns over fast and it sounds like something is not letting it fire when the plugs are in. I have good grounds. It is like its all set and wants to fire almost knocking a little but it won't fire. So im lost and getting frustrated.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
I measured and im using tfs 7.2" hardened pushrods.

It will really sound like it wants to crank when I pedal the gas. Like its all there and ready but something isn't right. I can smell fuel and I can see spark from the plugs against the block.

The only thing I can figure is its getting to much fuel or to little or it stops firing after it realizes something isn't right like a sensor or something.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Im going to do a compression check next and be sure the injectors are pulsing. Im also going to set the tps voltage. My volt meter stopped working so when I buy a new one I will check it.

87hurricane

Reaction score
Are your plugs still soaked in gas? I'd start with easy stuff first if you haven't already, check all your vac lines and ports, and check your coolant temp sensors to make sure they are plugged in and in spec. Also, unplug your MAF, and see if it runs that way.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Compression test results cold. Before I did it a dropped some trans fluid in each cylinder. Just enough to wet them.

#1 60. #5 100

#2 65 #6 110

#3 90 #7 105

#4 60 #8 95

Bad head on passenger side? Valve adjustment? Fuel washed?

Checked driver side twice. #3 was 75 first time and 90 second.

87hurricane

Reaction score
Could be fuel washed, could be head gasket, could be valves. I'd start by checking valve clearance on that bank. Make sure you are disabling your fuel system when you do your compression test, or you'll continue to wash the cylinders.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
I did disable it.

Maybe they all got fuel washed and the fluid helped re seal them all but those three. Best case scenario they seal up today and have good compression tonight. We will see.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
Talked to a few people and im thinking valve adjustment is off. Im going to re do them again tonight and set them at 1/8th past. If I need to adjust them later again I will but it could be simply not getting enough compression to run. Considering I have spark and fuel that makes sense. I will re check the compression after I adjust them tonight. Im sure the rings needed some oil anyway considering how much raw fuel they have had dumped on them.

OP
OP
R

rw95gt

Reaction score
She started up today. Took idle and revs nicely. I let it run for about 5 minutes. I had my oil fill neck out because I was lucky enough to have put it in a spot where it would have a rocker barely tap it. Fixing it this week. So I had the rubber grommet taped shut with duct tape. Im getting some blow by and it's pushing the tape up and a little oil out so that's why I only ran it for 5 minutes. I think the blow by is from washed rings from fuel. They should seal up once I run it more. The fuel wash makes sense considering the plugs were wet everytime I pulled them.

I ordered new injectors thinking they were bad and replaced the used blue tops I had in the car. It fired up with a little pedal effort and idled fine and sounded good.

I guess with the used injectors getting hung open or being weak it simply wouldn't run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online