Headlight help

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
So since I'm tackling all the little issues at once, I want to address the lighting issue. About 2.5 years ago, I replaced my broken, faded, cracked stockers with a cheap pair of black housings (clear lenses). I've went through three different sets of headlight bulbs because I wasn't satisfied with any of them. I'm currently running a set of sylvania's that couldn't light a pitch black path and quite frankly, I find it a little dangerous. My eyesight isn't perfect, so I need something brighter. Would a set of hid's solve my problem? There was another member mentioning headlights being fluted. Can anyone elaborate on that?

GT Rob

Reaction score
I have the same problem and your best bet is to go with HIDs putting diffrent bulbs in won't help. Our just get go back to the stocker headlights

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
I don't particularly want to go back to the crystals. So if I can keep from it with an hid it'd work out perfect.

dymd3z

Reaction score
HID, if you have a nice set of lenses/housing.. You will not be disappointed. I went with the 5k and I am very satisfied with them.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i went with HIDs. my kit was a VVME kit and it was incredibly easy to install.

thats what i suggest.

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
HID, if you have a nice set of lenses/housing.. You will not be disappointed. I went with the 5k and I am very satisfied with them.

I have a really nice pair of lenses. So I really don't like the stocker route.

projector retrofit

If money were no option and they were going on something other than a stock v6 DD, yes. Nothing looks cleaner than a properly done retrofit.

I ordered my kit today. Just a simple 6000k kit. Nothing too blue, but still a bright white. Cops around here ride on a pretty high horse so the really blue 8-10k could be a harassment issue that I don't want to deal with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online